Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By JensenG Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:52 am
What's good fam, not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but there appears to be quite a knowledgable group here in general about concerning the MPC line. Have learned a lot over the years about the Akai and Roland standalone units in general, but I do have one question that no one seems to be able to help me with concerning these new MPC software controllers and legacy emulation devices. I'm wondering if the various sample chops made on the MPC Studio Black/ Renn 2.0 software and above can be saved on the pads as MPC programs and exported as MPC program files, similar to the MPC Maid? And if so, are they readable in standalone MPC samplers (MPC legacy units like 2000, 1000, 500)? Also, if so, if anyone happens to know which particular Akai samplers are backward compatible using this method if any? Thanks in advance and PEACE!

JensenG
By MPC-Tutor Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:34 am
MPC Software can export DRUM programs into MPC1000/2500/500 .PGM or MPC5000 .50s format, and keygroup instrument programs can be exported to MPC5000 50k format. There is no backward support for anything older, so nothing for MPC4000/2000/XL/3000/60. and unlikely that there ever will be