Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By dryad-66 Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:26 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
dryad-66 wrote:The JV1080 has a sound.Wont find it in software the same.

The Roland cloud JV 1080 have the same instruments. But I'm more interested in sound sets like the Vienna Symphonic Library. I want my instruments to sound as close as possible to the acoustic instrument.

Sure.....i guess I’m more interested in the sound and feel of gear.A particular moment in time.Dont like to get lost in a million patches and rather work with a specific unit.Get under the hood so to speak.Unfortunately as i get older i tend to actually spend less time actually on the gear :smoker: Nice to have classic bits that sound amazing right out box bot with a few choice tweaks then......
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:53 am
dryad-66 wrote:Sure.....i guess I’m more interested in the sound and feel of gear.A particular moment in time.Dont like to get lost in a million patches and rather work with a specific unit.Get under the hood so to speak.Unfortunately as i get older i tend to actually spend less time actually on the gear :smoker: Nice to have classic bits that sound amazing right out box bot with a few choice tweaks then......

Yes, I've very selective about my sample sets, I search for the best recorded instruments, recorded in the best rooms or studios possible. Same goes for plug in effects. The one thing I do have lots of are drums kits and they're organized so I can just get up and go. :nod:

This is another reason the MPC X could be a better choice for the OP, is the variety of file formats it supports.
The MPC 3000 has it limits and he'll need to convert them over.