Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By Allen Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:43 am
Ive been using reason and Ableton live with a push 1. I now want to get make music with no laptop or very little laptop use.
What do you guys recommend?
Thanks
By Menco Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:53 pm
Lampdog wrote:Live or One.

:nod:

Comming from Reason and Ableton you’ll otherwise have a hard time adjusting to working with just a small lcd screen. Plus the One or Live is more future proof.
By richie Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:23 am
Sense-A wrote:You shouldn't have trouble selling yours. The prices for used MPC 1000's online seem to be trending higher than years past. Not sure why.

YouTube Lo-Fi Producer Kit:

+ SP404 so you can turn the filter on and off and do the delay and highpass filter at random.
+ MPC1000
+ OP-1
By NearTao Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:11 am
Heh... all good devices in their own right, but yeah... that random 404 fx switches while head bobbing for me is the same as watching a dj twiddling knobs for no reason than to look like they are doing something.

Sigh... I am just getting too old
By larrybossmon Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:25 am
i feel like it depends on what you want to do...

i started on the mpc 500 and went to the ren
it made me miss the 500 for a brief bit but then i realized what a difference it made in being able to add instruments, plugins etc...

i think id go for newer technology in the mpc one, or studio (my opinion best option is the studio black)

youd learn the software and have a machine that can basically do exactly what youd be doing on one of the newer models like the one or live

the 1000 is awesome though. i mess around with one all the time but its limited.

but for boom bap sampling vinyl and just looping ish, its honestly amazing. BUT.. very limited in my opinion.

so id go for the studio or if you have the money the one