Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By Jaymoung Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:34 am
Anyone here from Maschine? would love to hear some opinions and experience and why they switch over or back to MPC
By hellnegative Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:23 pm
I did not enjoy being strapped to a computer. Also, maschine as a host is a CPU hog. Those plugins run outside of maschine on their own at a fraction of the computing requirements. Loved my maschine. Like my Live and Force better.
By BlackMetaphor Sat May 09, 2020 11:15 pm
I went from MPC Ren to Ableton Push2 to Maschine MK3. I used them all for at least two years each. The Maschine layout is dope and alot easier to move around than MPC. The integration with the screens and browser are unmatched. But i just recently purchased an MPC 2500 just because I needed to see what analog sound was all about. I would use Maschine over new generation MPCs. And Maschine is definitely a little easier to use. But this 2500 with JJOS3 has everything i had in Maschine. Plus the sound is better. I still use Maschine as my sound module now along with the Komplete keyboard. The software runs decent in slave mode. I would definitely recommend Maschine over any new MPC tho.
By BlackMetaphor Sat May 09, 2020 11:24 pm
NearTao wrote:The reasons are often philosophical in nature.

Facts brother. I've used almost every DAW and the differences are all what you make it. I would not be the producer I am today without picking up different skill sets along the way from different DAWs. But this MPC 2500 satisfies ALL my needs and the MPC workflow overall is versitile af.
By NearTao Sun May 10, 2020 6:44 pm
BlackMetaphor wrote:
NearTao wrote:The reasons are often philosophical in nature.

Facts brother. I've used almost every DAW and the differences are all what you make it. I would not be the producer I am today without picking up different skill sets along the way from different DAWs. But this MPC 2500 satisfies ALL my needs and the MPC workflow overall is versitile af.

I've been teaching some friends/family about MPCs and they keep scratching their head at some of the workflow. I guess being in the MPC mindset for 20'ish years has warped my sense of what is normal workflow and processes.

The biggest thing I keep telling them is forget what other people say about devices... anybody can post "this is warm" or "that is phat", and diss on gear that is absolutely solid... all that matters is what passion you bring and what steps you take to get there...