Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By mpBanga Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:40 pm
Ok forget the award winning customer service and buggy software for this discussion. (I've learnt to live with it). I have 1.72 SW & FW if anyone needs it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I've had a Live 2 with a speaker issue, MPC 1000 with dodgy pads that don't work properly, Ren with Soundcard issue, MPC 5000 with screen issue, MPC Touch with plastic dip peeling off. My 2000XL was at least built like a tank.
By 40Beatz Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:46 pm
Yea the 4000 is the Strongest out of my collection. I dont have the 3000, 60
By Lampdog Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:04 pm
kaydigi wrote:I thought I heard the 4000’s were rock solid , one of the versions needed a silent fan mod though.

Not needed, but preffered.

Don’t need better exhaust on a stock sports car but for some peeps who’re really into it it’s preferred.
By Bombbeats4000 Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:50 am
Well, the displays on the 4K are trash though ... Eventually they will all get these lines and once it gets really bad it needs replacing.
Also, the encoder is garbage, do you all seem to forget that ? Working the 4K without it is not much fun so it needs replacing which is not expensive or hard BUT they do fail.

Nah, i do not think the 4K is a much better build than a 2000XL, 3K or a 2500.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:23 pm
Bombbeats4000 wrote:Well, the displays on the 4K are trash though ... Eventually they will all get these lines and once it gets really bad it needs replacing.
Also, the encoder is garbage, do you all seem to forget that ? Working the 4K without it is not much fun so it needs replacing which is not expensive or hard BUT they do fail.

Nah, i do not think the 4K is a much better build than a 2000XL, 3K or a 2500.

Yeah you're right, in 18 years I've replaced my screens once and encoder potentiometer post once and replace the Slider Post Fader Switch and tact switches as a preventive measure. :lol:
By Sense-A Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:07 am
I have two MPC 4000's.

LCDs on both units developed bad, horizontal lines.

Unlike the mpc 1000 or 2500, the replacement LCD's for MPC 4000's are harder to find. The 5.1" diagonal screen size is less prevalent. The housing for the LCD isn't very forgiving with trying to fit in aftermarket displays.

The MPC 1000's I've worked with had crappy tact switches that just aren't very reliable. Lots of times you hit a button and it doesn't work. Have to hit it again. Replacing tact switches is not rocket science, but not fun either. The LED's go out sometimes. The eject button on the cf card slot breaks often. The original factory pads were trash as we all know.

Those are the only ones I have experience with.
By DokBrown Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:41 pm
I rec the MPC1K/2500 b/c they sold a lot, thus it is EZ to find spare parts or a backup unit.

I’m not saying they are the toughest but for sure are the easiest/cheapest to repair. After 100-200,000 miles even a Toyota RAV4 is gonna have problems. After 300,000 miles, its time for a new RAV4
By DokBrown Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:30 pm
mr_debauch wrote:i don't know about that bro... maybe the 4runner

I live in LA & Baltimore, so I need more MPG.
NOTHING is tougher/cheaper than a well-maintained 4runner/Tacoma . . . . . . . . . . .
By kja Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:02 pm
The 60ll was made from plastic? That can't be the toughest.. maybe the 60 and 3000.. I think the X is pretty narly though.. I would go that way.