Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By huh? Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:25 am
For those who have used the newer MPC's (Ren, Studio, X, Live etc,) did you guys try them out and was like, nah, I'm going back to ol' faithful (5000, 1000, 2500, 4000, 2000xl, 2000, 3000, 60)?
By dryad-66 Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:54 pm
I had the Live and X plus i still got the 2.8 software.......Sold them both quite quickly because they did not have the mojo i have got used too with older hardware.Which inspires me.You could call them imperfections that i find musical.Im using again the MPC4000 which is a sampling synthesiser.There is life to the samples and the effects are weighty too.Cant believe Akai have not even coded in free running LFOs and portamento yet !!!!!!
By Menco Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:10 pm
I have the 2500, bought a 500 and 1000 recently. Really love this generation. I also have the Studio. Had the Live but sold that one.

Started in 06 with the 500. Upgraded to the 1000, upgraded to the 2500 in 2007 or 2008. Purchased the Studio when it came out, cause I had hit a wall with my 2500. Did some nice things with the Studio, but never felt like my workhorse. Had a beatblock for 2 or 3 years, came back with the Live. Couldn’t gel with it, cause with a lot of things I missed my 2500, and other stuff I could do more easily and better in Logic. Sold the Live, got to relearn my 2500 and fell in love with it again, so much I bought a 1000 that I have at my girlfriends place, and a 500 just for fun or light traveling. I import my beats through the Software and use the Studio sometimes to flip through the screens quicker.

To me the 2500 is my favorite machine. It’s as solid as the 2000XL in a lot of ways. It has the full classic MPC package without having to deal with floppy’s or complex mods. JJOS, task focused instead having a box trying to do everything but unable to excel in anything. Plus the layout makes so much sense to me. Pads and screen in the middle, transport, datawheel and digits on the right, Q-links on the left. I’m so fast on that ****, touchscreen can’t beat that. Maybe an MPC X would be a machine I would be comfortable on, but for now I’m married to my MPC2500.
By 40Beatz Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:44 pm
I have Older and Newer Models. I regularly pull out the Older Models to refresh my Mojo. Bcz i get bored when i just have the X/Live hooked up.

Each older model has a feature or two that the Other Newer Models Do Not Have!
By Danoc Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:03 pm
I like the 2000XL over the Live. If l could put exporting and exploding into the 2000XL l would use that machine. I sold my Live. Really not into touch screen :smoker: