Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By Christov Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:44 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Personally I think losing the cursor arrow navigation is a big loss, it was possible to develop very rapid workflows using nothing but buttons. Add a touchscreen with a cleverly designed UI and you have the best of both worlds.

I agree with this one hundred percent. The only thing I miss from my 2500 is the cursor.
By PillsInfinity Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:34 pm
illsmith wrote:Bullsh*t

don't know what is with you little edgy-@ss h0es on this forum, i was one too, i can help you change brother.
By PillsInfinity Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:43 pm
illsmith wrote:
Bullsh*t

your name is also "Ill Smith" because you thought that was "ill", you thought that was an ill flip? oh brother i cant imagine what your b-...well listen theres a milion n^ggas named "ill smith" and I can put money on it they're all not anywhere near ill.
By glide Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:29 pm
Lampdog wrote:Maaaaaannnn, Lampdog doesn’t care enough to do all that :lol:

why not just load a kit from the 4k with multilayerd sounds (preferably something you sampled at 24/96) into the x ... only takes a minute and play the same beat on both units side by side and reveal your findings ...

you dont have to record or post any .wav ... just do a honest comparison and post your thoughts ..

Regards
By hok-2 Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:13 am
I got a Mpc One a while back, I'm a Mpc 2000 head so, I became used to that.
While the sampling capacity's far exceed my other dusty old samplers
I'm not sure the quantize is the same, I think I had quantize ON when I did this, and my OG Mpc 2000 woulnt let this off time ssheet fly for one second.
The sampler section is allright but Im not sure about the sequencer.
PEACEEEE
https://soundcloud.com/dirkslazenger/cl ... al_sharing
By Sense-A Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:43 pm
I prefer the older MPC's. I can list off a long list of reasons but nothing scientific. It could be nostalgia, familiarity with the parts and design, tech i am more familiar with or feel more capable of repairing or modding, the smaller screens being less a distraction from everything else in the studio, the operating systems feeling like they were written and coded by people who actually understood what sampling is, etc

Modern mpc's have large screens, the circuit boards look like lots of surface mount components i'm not sure i could repair, more difficult to modify internally for me, the operating systems are actually quite limited and not innovative or intuitive, or i am bombarded with too many options that i cannot develop a productive workflow.

Some things like the ability of new samplers to get clean "stems" out of samples boggles my mind and maybe the technology has far surpassed me and i am behind of the times. What serato sample can do feels like cheating, lol. So me clinging on to old MPC's and old tech might just make me an outdated old grump.

Work with whatever you have. People today live in abundance and have so many options but decades ago someone had to just work with what they could afford or find in a store and become a master of their own domain. People didn't have amazon delivering an array of options to their doorsteps.

Gearheads sometimes spend too much time tinkering with gear instead of actually using the gear. I've gone through that phase before. I'm feeling sudden urge to mod an MPC4000 i just got working. I think i got it for $300-$400 with a busted screen and i have put another $200-$300 into it for output expansion and fixing the screen issue. I'm going to sand it down, paint it the old classic akai grey/white color and use some hard cherry floor boards leftover from a job to make cherry wood sides. Going to trace the old sides on to there and use my router and sander to shape it.
By Lampdog Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:58 pm
Sense-A wrote:….old grump.

That’s me.
How’d you know?
Are you on my lawn?

Get off!

Sense-A wrote:…Gearheads sometimes spend too much time tinkering with gear instead of actually using the gear.

I do both.