Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By Rumenta Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:16 pm
Hi all, i sell Ren a couple of month ago, but i really miss the Mpc flow.

I don’t really care about stand alone, i will use it only wired to a pc, because external vst. I found Touch at 300€ used , and i have a couple of question to someone that maybe have own Touch and One.

As strincly controller for mpc software, there are some difference in performance ? ( screen lag, other?)
And all buttons and shortcut that Mpc One has over Touch, worth the 350€ ?

Really thanks
By MPC-Tutor Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:52 pm
Personally I would forget the MPC Touch as it's discontinued and no longer supported so it no longer receives driver updates - without the driver updates it is just a paperweight unless you keep your computer at an older operating system to run it. The MPC One is current and supported for the foreseeable future at least, plus even when that days comes and Akai stops supporting it you'll still be able to use it 'standalone' if you want.. Touchscreen is much better on the MPC One IMO, much more responsive. More button shortcuts as well.

Don't get me wrong, the MPC Touch is great and if Akai still supported the drivers I'd recommend it if you can get it for a good price, but ultimately the MPC One is absolutely worth much more than the $350 difference, even if you are just using it in controller mode.
By Rumenta Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:01 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Personally I would forget the MPC Touch as it's discontinued and no longer supported so it no longer receives driver updates - without the driver updates it is just a paperweight unless you keep your computer at an older operating system to run it. The MPC One is current and supported for the foreseeable future at least, plus even when that days comes and Akai stops supporting it you'll still be able to use it 'standalone' if you want.. Touchscreen is much better on the MPC One IMO, much more responsive. More button shortcuts as well.

Don't get me wrong, the MPC Touch is great and if Akai still supported the drivers I'd recommend it if you can get it for a good price, but ultimately the MPC One is absolutely worth much more than the $350 difference, even if you are just using it in controller mode.

Thank for this :worthy:
By DokBrown Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:28 pm
They bailed on the MPC TOUCH, that’s exactly why I stick to hardware.
Driver updates & planned obsolescence are the worst for workflow . . . .