Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By a973615288 Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:31 pm
I used to have an MPC4000 but sold it, now I want to choose one of these two, do you have any good suggestions
By Lampdog Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:48 pm
MPC One
By Lampdog Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:40 am
By Christov Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:34 pm
I got both and while I haven't used my 2500 really since I got my One - about a year ago - there are still some features of it that I really miss:
- the tiltscreen
- the cursor
- the amount of midi in- and outputs

That being said, the One offers alot of pro's that are undeniable.
- chopping samples is alot easier with the bigger screen.
- you can render separate stems, so no more hassle tracking out.
- you can play a sample that you've chopped before you render it into a program.
- I also like the sound of the sampler a bit more. The 2500 always sounded kinda dull to me, and this sounds really crispy.
- the internal instruments are a nice bonus. I used to use a microkorg for basslines, now I mostly use the internal basssynth for it.
- if you wanna take it on the go you have to disconnect and reconnect alot less wires than with the 2500.

My mind says I can sell my 2500 without remorse easily. My heart won't let me tho.
By Menco Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:04 am
Think it also depends on the workflow and setup you have. One is way more suitable for a software environment, 2500 will be a better option if you have some extra hardware. 2500 is way more stable than the One if you use JJOS, but the OS for the One still sees new updates and is still in development. This can be pro or a con.
One is basically a DAW in a box, almost everything you need is there. Vast library, some dope plugins and FX and some great editing features. Very handy and practical, but question is if this is something you are looking for or need.
By Lampdog Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:16 pm
Christov wrote:My mind says I can sell my 200xl and 4000 without remorse easily. My heart won't let me tho.
By Sense-A Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:33 pm
I would go with MPC 2500. But I see advantages/disadvantages to both.

On MPC 2500 I love the ins and outs galore. physical 1/4" audio outs. plenty of physical midi connections. Qlink knobs and sliders to modulate settings. As an avid MPC 1000 user, I sometimes lust for MPC 2500 in its place, but not enough to abandon MPC 1000. MPC 2500 and 1000 have JJOS2XL and JJOS3 which are great operating systems.

The MPC ONE display is color and large and better. No question. It does not tilt, though. The CV/GATE outputs on the mpc one are nice too. There's not many ins and outs, but if you are sending audio tracks via USB then you're not going to miss tangled cords too much. I assume the MPC ONE has more processing power and more ram and easier storage handling.
By Sense-A Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:37 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Christov wrote:My mind says I can sell my 200xl and 4000 without remorse easily. My heart won't let me tho.

Your financial analyst told me that MPC's increase in value, whereas U.S. Federal Reserve Notes rapidly lose value in hyper inflated economy and multi-trillion dollar annual government debt spending on multi-trillion dollar infrastructure bills yet none of us see any new infrastructure years later wondering where the money went.

Unless you are going to rapidly exchange depreciating dollars for another appreciable asset, holding on to your MPC's is good value investment. Heck, maybe you should buy some more!