Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By EnochLight Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:06 am
Uhh... once was enough, brother! :lol:
By Lampdog Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:59 am
Well damn.
By Avasopht Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:21 pm
Thought I'd chime in with my experience.

I got a One last year but switched to a Live II.

The One is much more portable. I can fit it in my rucksack along with my micro tower and all my cables (and a portable screen as well). I can barely stuff the Live II in the same rucksack, and the zip looks like the slightest gust of wind could make it pop

The One has different buttons (more I believe) that I miss like the button that takes you straight to the Program Edit page.

But the One only has a USB2 bus, meaning your SD cards and any fast storage media you use can only transfer at a maximum of 33MB/s.

But tbh, looking back it wasn't that bad. My only gripe with the One was that they also disabled USB Wifi support, which they really should patch. You might be able to find a USB-powered Wifi to Ethernet bridge (someone's got to have made one ... maybe check AliExpress).

Just did a quick check and found this USB-powered Wifi to Ethernet bridge on Amazon UK.

But I prefer the Live.

The speakers are a lot better than you might expect, and they much more useful than I thought they'd be.

It's nice being able to just power it on and plug in my keyboard when I want to play. It's hard to convey how nice that convenience is, but it just makes it feel more available like a real acoustic instrument.

One of my motivations of getting the One was that I wanted a hardware device for gigging and sessions as well as a pretty much instant-on piano for when I want to practice (bonus points for being able to make music without the distraction of a computer and a keyboard/mouse-driven interface). I have a Maschine for this same reason (which I might sell because I just find myself starting up the Live standalone and completely neglecting my Kontakt library).

I got the MPC Collection for cheap by the way, but I don't feel you miss much from the 1000GB sound libraries. Most of the time you just want a certain sound here and there, unless you are scoring classical music, in which case you'll probably not be using anything like an MPC ;)
By Menco Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:45 pm
Christov wrote:About a year ago Ihad the same question that you have. I ended up getting the One. The Live looked good, but I don't need a internal battery or a speaker really, so I couldn't justify the pricedifference personally. Plus the layout of the One made more sense to me coming from a 2500.

+1 for me.

Had the Live MK1, but couldn't get used to the layout.