Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By 40Beatz Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:31 pm
Different Circuitry.

Some people believe Picture Tube Technology is Warmer that LED/LCD Technology

Nice vid tho
By jpeg Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:15 pm
good vid I have seen other vids and the difference is so neglible in these A/B comparissons, it makes u wonder what the whole EA Ski convertors fuss is all about.

But MPC3000 has to be the best looking MPC ever; the X looks very ugly in cmparissoins even putting asside the garish skin job just the proportions of the X in comparission to the 3K, is night and day, the 3k has that elegant retro sheek, the X even in the SEX colour shceme just looks badly shaped.

but same ting wid mpc live vs mpc3k, so seems like the X and live have the same I/O circuits; akai need to remake the 3K with the screen from the X and adda row of qlinks for the perfect MPC.

By B-Wise Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:06 pm
jpeg wrote:good vid I have seen other vids and the difference is so neglible in these A/B comparissons, it makes u wonder what the whole EA Ski convertors fuss is all about.

But MPC3000 has to be the best looking MPC ever; the X looks very ugly in cmparissoins even putting asside the garish skin job just the proportions of the X in comparission to the 3K, is night and day, the 3k has that elegant retro sheek, the X even in the SEX colour shceme just looks badly shaped.

but same ting wid mpc live vs mpc3k, so seems like the X and live have the same I/O circuits; akai need to remake the 3K with the screen from the X and adda row of qlinks for the perfect MPC.

Like someone said in the comments that I later found out afterwards that this 1 it best to read the description first:

"Nov 24, 2021
This is new concept so please don't hate me. This video is not supposed to prove that any of this MPC sounds better or worse. Please keep that in mind!

So today I started making beat on MPC Live and I have an idea to create the same beat on MPC 3000. So I saved my sequence on Live and then plug MPC 3000 to production center (:v) and then I created the same beat.
MPC Live was not set on Vintage "MPC 3000" mode!

The same is: sequence, swing, tracks, pitch of samples, attack and decay.
The difference is: sample level when I was recording samples.

I change sample levels when I was recording samples because I tried to make them sound good. Different samplers demand different approach. My goal was the same beat, not the same samples sound.

What do You guys think about this? Do You like this video concept? I have mixed feelings about so I give You chance to set some direction on channel :)

I recorded every sample with the same cables, same needle, same record and same level - so the differences between them result from the fact that they are different samplers - this also applies to volume! "

TLDR: It wasn't a true sound comparison. But your point about this topic is still valid. Maybe this special "sound thing" is just some people's way of feeling special & for us who doesn't get that should mind their business & focus on what's more important to them. :wink:
By Menco Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:04 am
creamofbeats wrote:This is a pointless debate. The gear snobs/museum collectors need to justify their purchase, so they will always hear a difference...even though there really is none.

CREAM OF BEATS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcyaCb0nI38

Those same gear snobs/ museum collectors say the same thing about people buying the newer gear. “They say they don’t hear the difference between a 3K and a Nukai to justify their purchase”. :nod: :lol:
By Tussle Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:20 pm
Will it make a difference for you and your music? Depends. I was curios so I have both. There is a difference. I took a production I did on the X and sampled the X into the 3k then played the elements on the 3k. Difference. I was not trying to make one sound lije the other. I just let it be what it was going to be. Workflow for sound manipulation and FX. X ALL DAY. Groovin and bangin. 3k! Sample based producers wont see the mileage vary much. The two examples here are sample based and neither seems to have tried to use the machines as opposed to just doing the least to compare.