Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.

By jahrome Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:43 am
Antonym wrote:
as verified by several testing members in the 1k forums, and myself.

littlerob wrote:
thats decent. but that screen does freeze. also i swear it doesnt fully work properly yet, sometimes when u change it to mono from poly, it still stays as poly. could b imagining it...but on the normal program window, this is accurate. i think there r a lots of bugs. still impressive. once they're ironed out, then it'll b something special. the layout of the menus (particularly save and load) is amazing. so easy and efficient. but its a long way from complete in my opinion

I guess littlerob wasn't included on your team of experts :wink:

Still..if you think this 3rd Party OS will be more solid and better than Akai's efforts..who am I to rain on your parade? I hope you enjoy it.

By Antonym Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:07 pm
no doubt man

you really should give it a shot at GC sometime if you're going in there. it's really cool to see what he's done

plus there have been at least 3 updates on this os since we initially discovered it.

littlerob - that's interesting. have you posted it in the 1k forums yet?

By jahrome Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:36 pm
Let me answer for him :wink:

"Of course not. I, like the rest of the 1000 users, are spending too much time wondering what's going on in the 2500 forum" :lol: :lol:

Yes, I got jokes :P

By littlerob Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:51 am
Antonym wrote:no doubt man

you really should give it a shot at GC sometime if you're going in there. it's really cool to see what he's done

plus there have been at least 3 updates on this os since we initially discovered it.

littlerob - that's interesting. have you posted it in the 1k forums yet?

i think someone else already had. clearly the mpc 1000 is hotting up. once this os is completed, who knows there could b more from other sources (a lil unlikely, but at least we know its possible). i mean theres only so much that needs adding. its not like the mpcs are completely featureless unworkable machines. just nice to see that can b improved by such a large degree.

By Antonym Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:23 pm
apparently we're getting chop shop on july 2nd
that's rad

what does chop shop entail?

By Spirez Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:49 pm
Recycle-like automatic chopping of samples.

It's really useful for drum breaks, not so good for phrases where it's hard to detect the peaks of the individual hits etc

By Antonym Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:16 pm
yeah so i've found
nifty but nothing groundbreaking
"chopshop" makes it sound like a group of neat little chopping utilities/settings
they should just call it what it is - transient chopping
what mpcs before this had transient chopping?

By jahrome Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:11 am
None.

By Antonym Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:39 am
nice, nice.

always good to witness progress.

By Mr modnaR Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:43 am
Antonym wrote:nice, nice.

always good to witness progress.

nah, i'm not buying it, he wants something....

By jahrome Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:54 am
Antonym is up to something. With the thousands of posts he has in these forums..he knows what chop shop is all about.

By Mr modnaR Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:44 am
so what would be the point of showing that he didn't know what something was? especially given his past history of arrogance and self-righteousness? :wink: :lol: 8) (j/k nym)

By jahrome Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:40 am
I think he is just trying to spark another debate to justify his purchase. He is the leader of the movement to convince people that they should go for an MPC 1000 since it will have practically the entire software feature set of the MPC 2500 for a fraction of the cost. With all the talk about software, I am surprised he uses an MPC at all. There are several products on the market that does everything that an MPC does (...faster) and 10X more functions.....

By Antonym Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:42 am
you are such an ****, jahrome

i am no leader of any such movement
seriously
i'm so sick of your shit
leave me the **** alone, you follow me like a bad smell. i want nothing to do with you.

**** you, **** your unused studio, and neverending efforts to blemish my name

you are one of the most childish, arrogant bitches i've met online