Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By DFENS Sun May 07, 2006 8:34 pm
quiert please :evil:

..urmm now discuss :P
Last edited by DFENS on Sun May 07, 2006 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By 3001 Sun May 07, 2006 8:37 pm
two completely different beasts;o

By DFENS Sun May 07, 2006 8:48 pm
correct 3001 :!:

quiert at the back please

what advantages do you think the mpc 60 offers over the 1K
:?:

By 3001 Sun May 07, 2006 9:43 pm
sound quality. more outputs, ease of use. pad quality,buttosn per function. just better laid out.

the mpc60 isn't the most featured, but it is very very comfortable to work with..very relaxing:)

By DFENS Mon May 08, 2006 8:36 pm
3001 wrote:sound quality. more outputs, ease of use. pad quality,buttosn per function. just better laid out.

the mpc60 isn't the most featured, but it is very very comfortable to work with..very relaxing:)

have you used both? i have a 1k and its at the centre of my studio, while i really like it a lot i kinda feel like i could be missing out on the 60 or 3000 (for the reasons you've mentioned). when you say its comfortable to work with do you have any comparison to offer with the 1k?

it would be quite a big thing for me to go out and cop a 60 or 3000 at the moment (partly because of space in my studio, and partly for financial reasons).. that said, if the move was of real benefit to me i might be tempted as i have a possible good deal on one.

comfortable work flow if a big plus to me, but what i'm getting at is how is it more comfortable to work on than the 1k (other than having dedicated button to the main functions)? ???

i like a good deal, maybe thats whats got me interested, but i'm trying to work out if it could actually benefit my studio flow '& ting.
Last edited by DFENS on Mon May 08, 2006 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Spirez Mon May 08, 2006 8:42 pm
Hmmm, i'm not sure it's such a good idea after being spoilt with some of the creature comforts on the 1000 ie 128mb RAM, USB, faster editing and processing, hard drive, CF cards etc

And if you're stuck for space it's quite a bit bigger than the 1k.

How good of a deal are you getting on the 60? It might be worth waiting a while and considering picking up a 2500 if you're after more outs and better pads.

By DFENS Mon May 08, 2006 8:54 pm
its not more outs i need, tho better pads would be cool.

i dont feel spoilt by the features on the 1k (i didnt even bother updating the OS untill a couple of weeks back). i dont crave features. but i have read many times that the workflow on both the 60/3000 is really nice. i'm just trying to get at how they compare to working on the 1k - features arent the issue for me, ease of use and workflow are..

By Spirez Mon May 08, 2006 9:02 pm
I get ya, but then i would have thought that just comes down to what you're used to?

How long have you had the 1k? It's gonna be like learning a whole new machine again.

You could always buy the 60 but keep hold of the 1k until you know which you want to keep?

By DFENS Mon May 08, 2006 9:08 pm
i've had the 1k for a long time, know it well and i'm happy enough with it. i def would not sell it unless i'd completely settled with a new machine. even then, i'd prob hang on to it unless i really needed the cash.

its not that the 1k doesnt do the job i need it for, but i'm curious as to if the 60 or 3000 could do it better.

By DFENS Mon May 08, 2006 10:33 pm
..since i pretty much know the 1k inside out and all the other info i need is in the 60/3000 forum this thread is kind of a waste of time.

:idea:

By 3001 Mon May 08, 2006 10:51 pm
I think if you make hip hop the mpc60 destroys all other mpcs...that's just my view it's like the sp1200. you don't need thee xtra features. the extra features imho are more suited for other genres. you should always cut your samples yourself for hip hop I feel. And i also feel its better to cut via audio than by looking at a waveform. and that waveform look up does take time.

i would say get an mpc60. It is the best thing for hip hop:-) and whoever really needs 128mb for hip hop does not know how to make hip hop. I rarely use more than 1mb even when i had an mpc1000(twice) and an mpc3000(twice), and various other more sample time samplers...:x

By DFENS Tue May 09, 2006 12:09 pm
from doing a bit more research yesterday i've kinda sold myself on a 3000. but i'm still wavering between that and a 60.. gonna keep reading up before i make any moves tho. if i buy another mpc its gotta be a good deal.

think i'll keep my 1k whatever i do. i may have to sacrifice some other gear to pay for it tho, but thats cool i got a couple of pieces collecting dust that i dont think i'll miss.