Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By K-nyne Tue May 16, 2006 9:17 am
Hey...I have had an mpc2000xl for a couple of months now, and i was thinkin of gettin me an mpc60II...One of my homies wants to trade his mpc60 for my mpc2000xl...Should i go ahead and do the damn thing or what?
What should i go for, is the mpc60 better than the 2000xl, why would you think so?
What makes the mpc60 different from the mpc2000xl apart from the 12bit
feature(s)?

Peace.....

By krang Tue May 16, 2006 7:25 pm
i would say don't trade. Some people trade in their new mpc's for 60s and say they would never go back to the new mpc's. But i wouldn't trade for obvious reasons. It is a lot older and if it gets fuked up, you cant return it to the store, or get a free/cheap repair. I never used an mpc 60, but i would research the editing features.

the main difference that everyone talks about is a nice grimy sound, you can compare the mpc 60 w/ a 4000 here
http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=50671
By K-nyne Wed May 17, 2006 3:41 pm
Yo thanks for knockin some sense into me...
Ima check out the differences...

By 3001 Wed May 17, 2006 3:46 pm
DO IT! if you make hip hop. go for it.

I traded my mpc60 for an MPC2kxl Studio plus. my 60 only had 3.1 no scsi...

but anyway long story short that was like 4 or 5 years ago, the 2kxl was worth much more(why i did it), and the story is now, he's still usin the mpc60, and is loving it. He's so happy he did the deal, even tho it wasn't in his favor price wise.

the mpc60 will make your tracks sound better.

the 60 is the ultimate hip hop tool next to the sp1200 and the studio 440:-)

By young_keyz Thu May 18, 2006 5:27 am
The mpc 60 wont make your tracks sound better....if will make your tracks sound different than they did on the 2kxl.

By Lampdog Thu May 18, 2006 6:36 am
3001 wrote:DO IT! if you make hip hop. go for it.
the mpc60 will make your tracks sound better.
the 60 is the ultimate hip hop tool next to the sp1200 and the studio 440:-)

Funkin lyin to to people like that.

"The mpc 60 wont make your tracks sound better....if will make your tracks sound different than they did on the 2kxl. "
that's the truth.

I wouldn't do it.
By K-nyne Thu May 18, 2006 7:19 pm
1st things 1st, i gotta thank y'all for your words of wisdom...
Ima be gettin an sp1200 soon, so i guess i wouldnt really need a 60
anymore...because of samp time, that thing is so limited, and i wont have
enough space for my drum sounds & basslines...So ima stick with my 2kxl.
Not unless you guyz have a better idea for me storing my drum samps>>>
What difference would i notice in 60s sound and 2000s sound, which one
is the best option for soothing kinda hip hop...Dont get me wrongs i appreciate your advice but Homies be more specific e.g(clarify there diff. sounds).

Holla at a young'un... :shock:

By BigTim Thu May 25, 2006 10:14 pm
I already have an S-900, so if I sampled in that and resampled into the XL, wouldn't it be basically the 60 with more features and memory? Or would the XL somehow **** with the 900's sound. I mean it seems like it shouldn't but I haven't a clue really.

By BigTim Thu May 25, 2006 11:12 pm
I already have an S-900, so if I sampled in that and resampled into the XL, wouldn't it be basically the 60 with more features and memory? Or would the XL somehow **** with the 900's sound. I mean it seems like it shouldn't but I haven't a clue really.

By rokuez Thu May 25, 2006 11:21 pm
i posted some thread in the 60 forum a while back asking about tunes that where made using the mpc 60 . search using my username and maybe take a listen to some of those tunes

By The Maker Fri May 26, 2006 6:04 pm
BigTim wrote:I already have an S-900, so if I sampled in that and resampled into the XL, wouldn't it be basically the 60 with more features and memory? Or would the XL somehow **** with the 900's sound. I mean it seems like it shouldn't but I haven't a clue really.

Yes the XL will change the sound.
Why not sample into the XL do the edits and then sample that into the S-900.
It would work much better if you had the S-950 since it has more sample time.
With the S-900 just sample the stuff from the XL that needs S-900's sound and trigger the sample from the XL.

By soulscientist Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:42 pm
I wouldnt make that switch, Ive had the 60 and nowdays I have the 2000xl and Im waay more satisfied!!
The 60 is just too limited, its good for drums but I actually prefer my 2kxl for that too. They bang enough and sound in some ways better actually. And if you want to make beats and not just drums on your mpc, I would never go back to the 60. If so get a 3000, but I would still prefer my 2kxl with a cardreader...