Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.

By soulscientist Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:48 pm
To say the 2000xl has a thin sound is wrong in my opinion. I started out with software a long time ago, then bought myself a mpc60 which I wasn't that impressed by actually. Sure it gave the sound a grimy feeling but I wasn't impressed that much of the lower end. And sometimes it messed up the sound too much, the cables and connection had to be perfect.

When I quite recently switched to a 2000xl I was more impressed. The drums bang hard enough (far better than any software I've used) and it's between the 60 and a computer in technology which gave me a nice workflow and the best of both worlds.

By TBonus76 Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:27 am
Sooo.... if an mpc 60 and an mpc 4000 are in a forest with no one around to hear them, and they fall out of a tree, is the thud that the mpc 60 makes grimier then the thud of the 4000?

Also, if someone were to punch Roger Linn in his belly, would that sound be punchier than if they punched him in his chest?

By earwolf Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:23 pm
TBonus76 wrote:Sooo.... if an mpc 60 and an mpc 4000 are in a forest with no one around to hear them, and they fall out of a tree, is the thud that the mpc 60 makes grimier then the thud of the 4000?

Also, if someone were to punch Roger Linn in his belly, would that sound be punchier than if they punched him in his chest?

:roll:

By soulscientist Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:35 pm
Sooo.... if an mpc 60 and an mpc 4000 are in a forest with no one around to hear them, and they fall out of a tree, is the thud that the mpc 60 makes grimier then the thud of the 4000?

Hehe... your on point

By TBonus76 Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:12 pm
soulscientist wrote:
Hehe... your on point

Heh, glad someone saw the humor in that. I had to lighten it up for a sec, people were gettin too salty arguing over some damn MPCs. It always cracks me up to see people arguing over such subjective terms as "punchy" "dull" "fat", etc.