Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.

By CHARLIEPLATNUM Tue May 23, 2006 12:23 pm
[quote="Antonym"]honestly i think the build materials of the 1000 is tougher than the 2500 (other than pads).

that being said, the 1000 is built so tough it'd survive a train wreck.

Yeah, the 1000 seems like it was built more for portable use, hence the the flat knobs surface and Qlink sliders.

By Ajax Tue May 23, 2006 8:39 pm
Maybe Im missing something, but the 2500 doesnt have a plastic surface.

Its metal, just like the 2000xl.

ronJ

By CHARLIEPLATNUM Tue May 23, 2006 8:41 pm
Ajax wrote:Maybe Im missing something, but the 2500 doesnt have a plastic surface.

Its metal, just like the 2000xl.

ronJ

It is, i think it's the finish that's throwing everybody off. But it still seemed light for an MPC....to me anyway.

By peezie Tue May 23, 2006 8:43 pm
it felt just as sturdy as my 3k when i tried it out. whats the big fuss?

By CHARLIEPLATNUM Tue May 23, 2006 8:50 pm
peezie wrote:it felt just as sturdy as my 3k when i tried it out. whats the big fuss?

No fuss, really.....It just looked heavier than It was. As I said before, it might have more weihgt to it when you add the drives. I've played one in Guitar Center which was mounted, and My homie just got one. I was at hie studio messin' round on it for a while, when he needed to put something next to it, I went to moved it, and I picked it straight up and I was Like DAMN! joe, this joint is jive light. Not that the wieght of the thing has anything to do with it's production power.

By Spirez Tue May 23, 2006 10:01 pm
Obviously, because it's heavier than an XL and that has been the staple of many a studio for years.