Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By strength Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:32 am
so i copped the 1k about a month ago and i used to use the 2k and i deffinitly hear a difference in the sampled sound . the 2000 is grimey and "anolog" sounding while the 1k is more flat and clean sort of like a software sampler/sequencer. beats i made on the 1k dont sound as live as those on the 2k . so much so that im considering sellin it and goin back to usin the 2000 even though that involves dealing with zips and and a smaller screen with mad lines in it. one thing i loved on the 1k was mute groups , thats gonna be hard to let go off. still kinda conflicted about which one to keep. love the 2000 roomy layout hate the cramped 1000. love 1000 compact flash/usb and mute groups , hate the 2000 zip discs . anybody got any opinions on the matter. as far as the differences in sound or am i buggin? p.s . im not one of those dudes who swears by the sound of old anolog equipment. i started makin beats on reason and cubase, so im pretty objective .
By solah Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:52 am
strength wrote:so i copped the 1k about a month ago and i used to use the 2k and i deffinitly hear a difference in the sampled sound . the 2000 is grimey and "anolog" sounding while the 1k is more flat and clean sort of like a software sampler/sequencer. beats i made on the 1k dont sound as live as those on the 2k . so much so that im considering sellin it and goin back to usin the 2000 even though that involves dealing with zips and and a smaller screen with mad lines in it. one thing i loved on the 1k was mute groups , thats gonna be hard to let go off. still kinda conflicted about which one to keep. love the 2000 roomy layout hate the cramped 1000. love 1000 compact flash/usb and mute groups , hate the 2000 zip discs . anybody got any opinions on the matter. as far as the differences in sound or am i buggin? p.s . im not one of those dudes who swears by the sound of old anolog equipment. i started makin beats on reason and cubase, so im pretty objective .

Use both of em...

By Lampdog Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:21 am
Compare all the strengths and weaknesses, see what you can live with and what you can live without (sounds like you are doing that already though) but go even deeper into more features and see what you want, what will give you the comfortable feel and workflow you need and want.

By strength Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:34 am
also one thing about the 1k is when i wanna freak a beat live and say i wanna make a little stuutter break type thing by hitting stop ,play start, stop,play start in rhythm, it wont do it more then two times in a row , its like it chokes or runs out of polyphony or something which is impossible cause the first bar that im flippin consists of like 4 sounds max . i never had this happen on the 2000. but it always happens on the 1k. anybody else notice that. try it out

By strength Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:39 am
Lampdog wrote:Compare all the strengths and weaknesses, see what you can live with and what you can live without (sounds like you are doing that already though) but go even deeper into more features and see what you want, what will give you the comfortable feel and workflow you need and want.

my work flow is better with the 2000 but thats probably cause i been usin it for so long. also the pads are less sensitive on my 2000 probably cause its so old but i like it for note reapeat drum rolls, how u can fade em in and out , by applyin pressure which i havent been able to achive with 1k (it just goes from mad low to full velocity). i kno theres a way to adjust the sensitivity of the pads but i havent figured it out yet

By solah Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:49 am
strength wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Compare all the strengths and weaknesses, see what you can live with and what you can live without (sounds like you are doing that already though) but go even deeper into more features and see what you want, what will give you the comfortable feel and workflow you need and want.

my work flow is better with the 2000 but thats probably cause i been usin it for so long. also the pads are less sensitive on my 2000 probably cause its so old but i like it for note reapeat drum rolls, how u can fade em in and out , by applyin pressure which i havent been able to achive with 1k (it just goes from mad low to full velocity). i kno theres a way to adjust the sensitivity of the pads but i havent figured it out yet

[MODE]+OTHER

Then the pad sensitivy tab!!!! damn im a horrible speller

By strength Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:35 am
good looks thanks, ima try that