Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By blkyankee Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:44 pm
I'm a 2k user I happy with the 2k but with the recent 1000 upgrades its seeming to look more like something id be interested in buying. Now i'm not talking about getting rid of the 2k but just buying a 1000 to use. So tell me what am i missing?

By Antonym Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:27 am
get em/use both. sync them. use one as a module. basically experiment with that. 2000 for drums, 1000 for everything else. who knows? they're both mpcs.

faster processing
grid edit
couple other niceties but nothing revolutionary.

if you can't make do with a 2000 a 1000 isn't gonna help you at all - unless it prompts you to work more with mpcs in general.

if you already have a working mpc, i would suggest just getting something else. often people who come from older mpcs to the 1000 get frustrated with it. i'd suggest not buying it.

By d_loc Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:55 am
just switched to a 2kxl from a 1k, I like the 2kxl better. make sure you test it out first before you sell the 2kxl!!

By Lampdog Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:01 am
I'm sorry man but we are not salesmen here.

Can't you just search for the differences in gear here on the forums?

By Speaks Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:15 am
I switched from the 1000 to the XL and haven't looked back since, they both have great features, but for me personally the xl works better.

By Lone Diplomat Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:04 pm
i dont understand how a 2000XL can be better than the 1000...

the 1000 is now equivqlent to the 2500, and cats be bumping a 2000XL instead

By Lampdog Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:10 pm
It's a personal choice, not because one is better than the other technology wise but "works" for him (most likely meaning workflow), he said "personally".

That's different.

By d_loc Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:42 pm
Well the 1000 wins on effects, size, memory, filters, effects, and file management.

The 2000xl wins on total button count, feel of the data wheel and pads, screen resolution and tiltyness, and sound quality. I think it may have to do with the stereo bus, or the headphone amp or something? Don't know but the same sounds loaded in the 2kxl from the 1000 have a little more "Flava".

So I would honestly call it a draw, having used both machines, they both have their pros and cons. People trade both ways, and are happy, so they're both good machines. Do you want more features, or a more well-rounded but basic machine?