Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.

By Hamzter Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:57 pm
I'm not trying to be an MPC cult head...

I just think that the MPC has been tried and true...

I like Rolands sounds, but it just seemed like when my buddy had an MC-909 he was trying to get community support and did not get it.

then :lol: he went and sold the 909 and got a Triton Studio... :lol: :lol:

that was even worse... maybe because he was just being impatient.

By Hamzter Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:05 pm
Gruik wrote:Wow :shock: ! I need a mpc4000.

the 4K is a beast...

Ideally I would like one in my studio, but I would be happy with the 2.5K

By fredwagner Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:41 pm
Whatever helps you to make music, folks -- that's what it's all about.

Fact is, they can both be used to get the job done, and both will take time and love to master.

By Hamzter Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:00 pm
you're right...

and I used to have a Karma, a Triton, MC-505 and the legendary MP-7 command station.

I think so far my MPC1000 has them beat hands down for now.

By apextech Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:46 am
I had a 1000 and went to an MV.I still like the 1000 but i love my MV. :D
The MV has NO TIMING ISSUES and also has a great support group at mvnation.

For those of you who say they had an MV and got rid of it,well too bad.YOU REALY HAVE NOT USED THE MV UNTIL YOU GET THE MOUSE & VGA EXPANSION.I had a hard time with it until i hooked up the monitor.It was like it was a whole new machine again.I then realised that most of the people who traded the MV NEVER GOT THE MOUSE AND MONITOR UPGRADE.They also had that old operating system.YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THE FULL POWER OF THE MV WHEN YOUR USING IT WITH THE MOUSE AND VGA EXPANSION :D O.S. 3.52

Your workflow is so smooth 8) Everything layed out on a nice BIG lcd moitor IN COLOR.You don't have to use the mouse to navigate but why wouldnt you :?

If you don't know how to use the MV just say so.Don't blame the machine if your beats don't come out the way you want it to.The 4000 is a beast as well.

For me leaving the MPC and going to the MV was like leaving the Projects and moving into a 4 story Brownstone house.Real talk.

WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/APEXPRODUCTIONZ

By ajstrax Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:54 pm
I had an MPC 1K and I liked it very much. BUT, I moved to the MV8800 and it's an INCREDIBLE box. I cannot speak for the 4K (never owned one), but I will say that the MV is, IMO, a great product that allows you so much flexibility as far as chopping, zero cross, mangling and *ish as well. The bmp sync is on point and the VGA is nice.

Finally, there is NO QUANTIZE issue! :x The MV offers more detailed quantization functions - that's all. It took me a few minutes to play around with the settings and it's all good.

Lastly, nobody should be relying on Rza or anyone else mane! Take a look at the box, bang on it a little bit at the shop and see for yourself. I like how some headz get pissed at the fact that Roland hired RZA - saying that it's marketing etc. At the same time, though, many MPC users' argument is essentially that it's tried and true, dre uses it, timba uses it, so there. That's the same *ish fellas - same argument different day.

Anyway, like I said, I had a 1K and liked it very much - I just like the MV better. Whatever makes it hot - use that. Try the MV, you'll like.

By Gruik Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:51 am
...and for sure, mpcs don't please everyone.

Mindcontrol, you're a troll on this thread; you can't judge what you don't know.

By mindcontrol Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:15 pm
Gruik wrote:...and for sure, mpcs don't please everyone.

Mindcontrol, you're a troll on this thread; you can't judge what you don't know.

come again?
By MPC O.G. Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:17 pm
Imagine a jj os for the 4000. Everyone here would sh*t on themselves and the nearest mv 8000/8800. one.

By mp3 Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:55 pm
^^^ oh the irony hahaha!

rumor is JJ did the 4000 OS.

ByRed_Dragon Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:03 am
Gruik wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZIQy4izCWY

Wow :shock: ! I need a mpc4000./quote]

Well if you think that video is hot.. I hate to see you on the MV.. :roll:

As far as this comparsion thread. I would go with the cheapest.. They both do the same shyt, in there own way.. Beat making is based on skill and technique, rather than equipment. I can do more shyt expanding a laptop and a mpc 1000 versus a 4000 or MV.

:roll:

By Prophacee Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:33 am
They are both cool machines. My MV8000 (512 RAM expansion, VGA, mouse). So I do know the experience with using the VGA/mouse. I have the MPC2500, not the 4000. On the MV you can change the resolution down and get tighter sequencing. On the MPC, there's nothing to change and there is no need to tinker to get a good swing, especially with the note repeat. They are both great machines and I'm assuming the 4000 is beast too. But you'll shell out another grand for it. Go cop one for a couple weeks play with it and take it back and trade for an MV. You can get into both of them good and then decide what features and characteristics best suit you. We all have our favorites so getting an unbiased opinion is hard even for users of both machines. I like the MPC better for what I want to do because I use my computer to do all of the DAW stuff like mastering and adding the complex FX, and it came with 8 outs and SPDIF I/O. One the MV8000 you have pay extra for 8 outs. I think Roland made a good effort at adding these features but I think VSTs are more powerful. Some kats love Fantom, some love Motif. Both are beast but until you see what each does best for you (particular instrument sounds, workflow, genre, sample rates, digital I/O, individual outs, expansion options) you'll never figure it out. Especially coming to this site. Just go cop one. Keep it for the 30 days you get and take it back and get the other. Hell, you can take that one back too, even if you like it and then look for a less expensive one on Ebay or something. Test drives are always the best way to feel sh!t out. Do you.

By Gruik Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:51 am
Red_Dragon>pure irony :roll: Because it's typically mpc = Hype-noob inside.
:howdoIconnectMPtocubaseSTYLE:

MPC O.G.>a JJos....And can you tell me what JJos adds to mpc?
I mean, have a look at the requests. All I see is that MPC users ask JJ to implement MV standard functions (like audio tracks, real time TS, individual track quantize..etc.).
:lol:

By 14k Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:01 pm
I respect the 4000 cause I know it's a BEAST, but Akai support is garbage! I went to Roland's MV because the support is great! After dealing with Akai support for almost a year just to get a part for a machine that was still on the market.....sucks! Then to be told to just by a new unit when the one I had was only 9 months old....well that puts a bad taste in your mouth! My LED screen faded out which meant down-time in the studio!

Now when I found out the MV had a VGA expansion, and you could use any monitor screen you wanted...any size, that sparked my interest! As I began to research the MV, I found it had more options and up to date features. So I gave it a try. I hated the MV at first, because like many, I had a MPC background! Now, I realize the MV is a beast too!!!!