Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By mr_debauch Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:25 pm
:Sigh:

well unless we're talking a floppy emulator... it's just semantics really.. scsi bridge and an atapi/ide reader... scsi cf reader... the price is still high compared to the 99 cents it costs to get one put in a 2000xl. Also, the lack of folder support is weak compared to folder support... partitions are great but they are not folders. That is fine for someone using the cards to store libraries of sounds but when you get to hundreds upon hundreds of songs you want to save then folders are a huge plus. These are the same reasons the 2000xl is such a huge upgrade over the 2000 classic. Filling that 32 megs of ram and saving it is not easy or cheap.
By Clint Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:35 am
I'll just say that ultimately with the MPC3000, its all about the sound. If you want features you know it doesn't have, you really are missing the point entirely. If you can get an LE with a card reader and Vailixi, its a wrap...

Lampdog wrote:
KkonEl wrote:best features=4ooo
best sound=3ooo or 6o
By jimmie Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:03 am
mr_debauch wrote:Also, the lack of folder support is weak compared to folder support... partitions are great but they are not folders. That is fine for someone using the cards to store libraries of sounds but when you get to hundreds upon hundreds of songs you want to save then folders are a huge plus. These are the same reasons the 2000xl is such a huge upgrade over the 2000 classic. Filling that 32 megs of ram and saving it is not easy or cheap.

I use a full partition for each project with the MPC 3000.
26 per CF card.
Makes project organisation easy.
Just get loadsa CF cards if u need to.
It's also the reason why having hotswap is a good idea... so you can transfer programs/sounds/seq's/projects and do backups and project duplication between CF cards.

Re:

By granma Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:40 pm
MalcOverflow wrote:3000 is the best.........really. I tried them all.

Why? Some arguments for a 3000 future buyer please :D
By v00d00ppl Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:32 pm
Sound-wise this is the king. :worthy:

I owned an MPC1000, 2000XL, 60MKII, and 3000. The 3000 is the bridge between the 60 and the 2000 that has a nice punch and you can make things sound lo fi at the same time with some tweaking.

The only MPC that would beat the 3000 is if it was the S1000 engine in an MPC (I can only dream).

Do not go for this machine if you want modern features. If you have a desktop or laptop with a good sound interface do your audio editing there and sample on the 3000. Then record back into your DAW. Then mix and you're done.