Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By Coz Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:29 am
If we're in MPC fantasy land we might as well say a re-release of the 3k, with the power of the 4k and an OS provided by JJ. 8)
By YumYumRolex Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:30 am
Coz wrote:If we're in MPC fantasy land we might as well say a re-release of the 3k, with the power of the 4k and an OS provided by JJ. 8)

Definitely.
By dabmeister Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:03 pm
Isn't jj os similar or close to the os of the 4k? Or to better phrase that, it mirrors a lot of its attributes?

And is it true jj help establish/build the os for the 4k before the takeover/breakup of akai pro by numark?
By Menco Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:02 pm
Can I get an mpc 2500 menu, with some mpc60 converters for the crunch stuffed with a 3000 sequencer please?
With the extra JJ as well.
By YumYumRolex Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:33 am
dabmeister wrote:Isn't jj os similar or close to the os of the 4k? Or to better phrase that, it mirrors a lot of its attributes?

And is it true jj help establish/build the os for the 4k before the takeover/breakup of akai pro by numark?

Dab, youre a ghat damn beast.
By Sovereign Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:52 am
YumYumRolex wrote:
dabmeister wrote:Isn't jj os similar or close to the os of the 4k? Or to better phrase that, it mirrors a lot of its attributes?

Dab, youre a ghat damn beast.

JJ exceeded the 4k a long time ago.
He just done too many things that the 4k never dreamed of.
My only problems with the JJ OS were;
A) the addition of Instrument Programs was great but made the polyphony a problem
B) the use of Instrument Programs and built up sequences made the processor feel the weight

The sequences would still have proper timing but the selection of functions would become so sluggish because the system was bogged down.
If not for the hardware limitations JJ OS would be unstoppable.

One thing I still love about the 4k is being able to send a track to dual MIDI channels.
On all the other MPs you have to duplicate the track and assign it a new MIDI channel to send it to 2 different devices or daisy chain the devices.
By Clint Mon May 02, 2011 3:47 pm
JJ has yet to produce an MPC, AFAIK his work shouldn't be considered here.

That's an OS battle (Akai Vs Linn Vs Vailixi Vs JJ)

Another thread perhaps...
By krush777 Thu May 12, 2011 2:48 am
The MPC 2500 with a 80 gig hd, 128 Megs of Ram and an after market CD Drive is the King in my lab because it is the one I put together. There will never be a overall "King" because as technologies changed, the sound has changed and the feature set has expanded over the years. The sounds quality ranges from 12 Bit classic and grimey to Ultra clean, digital Lucasfilm/Skywalker Studios clean. Then the feature set went from "limited" to "really don't even need a computer advanced". So my vote is there will never be a "King", just one (or several) that fill my wants and needs at the time.

P.S I really do want to buy an MPC 3000!!!
By krush777 Thu May 12, 2011 3:31 am
mr_debauch wrote:
krush777 wrote:P.S I really do want to buy an MPC 3000!!!

:lol: I was just thinking the same exact thing while reading your post.

I am curious / gear lusting about the MV-8800 also, of which I know you use also. I just scored a mint VS2400CD which I am gonna replace my Tascam 2488 with. So, of course the MV has come up.