Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By djhighfly Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:35 pm
Hello friends!

I have a question on JJOS mpc2500_xl361

Because the MPC Live has only two midi outs, i want to use my 2500 together with the live to get more inputs (more midi). Works fine in sync etc. but:

The Live is the master, when i press start, the 2500 also starts, thats fine, but is it not possible, that the sequences on the 2500 run one after another? Or better, that it realize when i press sequence 2 on the live, to play also the sequence 2 on the 2500?

I think i have a logical problem here, but is the only way the song-mode? i mean how to build a song with two machines? I would rather work step by step, the songmode is more the finish... :worthy:

Any help or ideas are welcome, thank you and greetings from berlin

Alex
By Lampdog Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:16 pm
Put in blank sequences.

2500 = seq1...seq2...seq3
Live = seq1...xxxx...seq2.

2500 = seq1...seq2...seq3
Live = xxxx...xxxx...xxxx...seq1...seq2.

Use blank sequences.
By dazastah Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:46 am
you have to set one mpc(2500) to recieve pgm change on seq, (in settings)
and the other to send pgm change in the specific seq.

I think on jjos has feature to play next seq on specified seq in main mode. So you would have to make the mpc2500 your master, set the live to recieve pgm for seq
And then they should follow each other ..
By NearTao Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:58 pm
If you're looking for more MIDI Out, you should check the thread in the Live/X forum of the dude adding more MIDI to his system with USB MIDI devices... you might be able to get more outs without needing to daisy chain to another MPC.