Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By theojohn4 Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:27 am
Hi. I've been googling away but haven't been able to find what I wanted.

So far I'm really impressed with my MPC 1000! Really enjoying it.

What I'd like to know is if it is possible for me to play more than 16 samples using a midi keyboard. So for instance I have a bunch of rhodes piano samples spanning across 5 octaves, and I would like to be able to play all of them from a keyboard without switching banks.

Cheers
By theojohn4 Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:27 pm
So I worked it out. Very simple. For anyone else who finds this in the future. The keys are automatically mapped across the banks so you can play across all banks simultaneously through a midi controller.

a.k.a bank A pad 1 = Csharp1
bank B pad 1 = Fsharp2

e-z p-z
By MPC-Tutor Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:54 pm
Which JJOS are you using, I suspect the free one? Just be aware that the free JJOS uses the standard MPC MIDI note layout, which is not chromatic, so you have to re-order the MIDI Notes on each pad (save the PGM file without any samples added and use it as a template). Hence why pad A1 is C#1 (37).

Once you upgrade to JJOS2 (or higher), JJOS reverts to a chromatic layout starting on C1 (36) on pad A01. It also features INST programs which function more like standard keygroup programs, allowing you to map your samples more intuitively across a MIDI keyboard.

I sell ready-made multisampled instrument programs for the various different MPCs and OS:

http://www.mpc-samples.com/section.php/ ... -loops-fx/

Plus cover the various techniques you need to know to set them up in my books here:

http://www.mpc-samples.com/section.php/ ... tutorials/
By themixtape Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:04 am
The OP meant playing more than 16 samples from a midi keyboard, as in.... Pad Bank A and B, even C and most of D, across a midi keyboard with 61 keys (can't get the last 3 pads of Bank D, because there's not enough keys, unless you do octave shifting).

I don't think this is possible at all (annoyingly, enough).... when having a keyboard connected to any hardware MPC, or using the MPC software (EDIT--- it is possible using the MPC One. It is not possible with MPC Beats, though). The only way to play the Bank B samples (such as a big sliced loop with 32 slices, instead of 16) is to have Bank B selected in the software.

That's so ridiculously annoying. I understand only being able to play Pad Bank A from an MPC, because you only have the 16 pads, so you're forced to switch.

But if the Note Mapping shows Bank A starting at C1 (using the Chromatic C1 map).. when you see the mappings for Bank B, C, etc.... it just keeps going up, as the OP's second post says. But I can't understand why any midi keyboard I have connected to MPC Beats only lets me use C1 to E2... F2 is not the sound of Pad Bank B, Pad A01..... F#2 is not the sound of Pad Bank B, Pad A02. It's just silence. But no issue whatsoever with MPC One.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is MPC Beats supposed to have this functionality? Thx!