Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By portishead6 Thu May 21, 2009 2:24 am
Hi!
I have an MPC 1k with the JJ OS xl installed. Is it possible to control the track mutes with an external midi controller? I would like to use my Alesis Pad Control to control the track mutes while playing the drums, which would be very useful during the gigs. I already have two footswitches for tap tempo and start/stop, which is very cool, but the track mute via midi controller thing would make it perfekt.
Thank you!
By africantigercow Sat May 23, 2009 7:58 am
use the mpc for the track mutes, select an active track in the track mutes page and use the pad control to play the samples... Same destination sort of.... Or try get a mpd 24... better integrated...
By Jez_Wright Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:08 pm
Reviving this ancient thread now that JJ has built this feature into JJOS!

This is a big deal for me as my MPC is the other end of the studio to my other hands-on gear.

Am I right in thinking any MIDI controller will work here? This looks like it could do a job.

I'm basically looking for a 16 pad controller that gives visual feedback for each pad (so I know which tracks are and aren't muted). I also like JJ's application of the F1-6 buttons, so one with 6 buttons would also be handy.