Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By torsig1967 Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:40 am
I have encontered these kinds of problems a couple of times now and I don't really see what I am doing wrong.

I make som extensive editing and then finish everything by using the "Entire Memory" option in the save dialog. Then when I boot up and reload that project sometimes it seems like programs are lost, like they were never saved. Sometimes the samples of programs are not loaded.

Then I try to load the folder of the project instead and everything is usually loaded. So the stuff is indeed saved most of the times.

Seems to me the problem is related to two things:
1. Project file; since I often get the data loaded correctly from the folder level it seems to me the problem lies in the project file not keeping track of the data correctly.
2. Renaming samples and programs: I believe the problem often occurs after I have renamed samples or programs.

Anyone else who has experienced these kinds of problems. I'd really like to pin down the problem. It's kind of frustrating when saving "entire memory" doesn't do what it says.
By Lampdog Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:08 pm
Is this the 2500 your on, wasn't there a saving bug or something like this talked about before, I can't remember exactly. Maybe someone will answer up and/or you can search around.
By master-ceo Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:57 pm
Could be a memory problem. Reseat it. Replace if needed.
By phx_chronic Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:15 pm
Yes this has been discussed. It seems to be from the sloppy file managment on the og akai os, or somthing like that...

Backup all of your info and reformat your harddrive/cf card ON THE MPC.

Until then, save all of your projects with 'save entire memory' in a NEW folder everytime... When you load, select the folder instead of the project file... if you need to clear the sample memory to load another project, (loading entire folders wont replace the samples that are loaded) make a blank project file to load so you don't gotta restart the machine.

Also, avoid renaming folders at any cost, make a new one and delete the old... seems to cause problems.

hope that helps

peace
By torsig1967 Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:49 pm
Actually there's a "clear" option when loading folder so I don't see the need to use a blank project.

Otherwise I also get the feeling that loading folders instead of project and always saving in new folders makes these problems less frequent. I'd say avoiding renaming programs and samples is even more important than avoiding to rename folders.

But really, whats the project file for, I don't need it, do I?

Thanks anyway.
By phx_chronic Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:53 pm
Yeah, your right, you don't need the program file. If you want, you can just save 'all songs and seqs' and also 'all programs and samples' every time yuo save.
By ultra auris Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:44 pm
i use to have that happen a bunch. i have found if i dont save over old files then it wont happen. but when it did happen it would sometimes save 1 sequence in all of the used sequences, very annoying after you worked on a song for a day.
By modulator Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:15 am
i save everytime in a new folder all pgms n samples, jjos2

sometimes still missin samples...

the workaround is to load or the whole folder containing the projekt

or the prjekt itself....

voila... all samples are there..... itdefworks for me,

hopeithelps...