Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).

Would you like 808 style programming in JJ OS2XL?

75%
10%
15%
By torsig1967 Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:42 pm
wudsiba wrote:Also, and this really is a big one for me, the TUNE adjustment in pattern mode was removed.

So that WAS in OS 2, I remember looking for it in OS 2 XL thinking "Didn't it use to be a tune option here? Maybe not."
By rinseout Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:11 pm
rinseout wrote:I would love it def.

On Os2 vs XL, i esp. like xl´s quantize strength. I think there were a few other things but right now i dont know the differences too well. Though OS2 is more powerful indeed, it crashed on me recently (froze with a blank screen on the track mute screen, while un-/muting tracks..). This is my top concern, i´d go back to akai os immediately if there were any issues but xl is playing rock solid on my machine since a few versions ago.

Just to correct my previous post, had the same "crash" with XL, there might be something wrong with my hardware :(
By Sooty_G Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:39 am
rinseout wrote:[
Just to correct my previous post, had the same "crash" with XL, there might be something wrong with my hardware :(

make sure you hold down the ERASE key when starting up when you switch between OS's. switching between os 2 & 2xl tends to corrupt the preferences which may be causing the crashing (i had it happen to me). when you hold down the erase key when starting up, it erases all of your preferences. keep in mind you will have to recreate those prefs, so write them down before you wipe them out (particularly your pad sensitivity/velocity settings).
By angel Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:10 am
JJ listen to me, we want the 808(X0X)Style on os2XL, come on jenius, you can!
By Emilie Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:22 pm
torsig1967 wrote:
angel wrote:JJ listen to me, we want the 808(X0X)Style on os2XL, come on jenius, you can!

Those 16 buttons just begs for it!

hell yeah!
By revtor Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:28 am
My 2 cents... Im running free os. and the grid editor is all the xox style I'd ever need. its all there visually, simple to use and straightforward. Only thing I'd like to be able to do is easily zoom into the resolution. Other than that it's as good a grid editor as I've ever used.

save the code space for something really useful - we already have a grid editor that works fine and is easy as hell to use.

~Steve
By T7 Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:53 am
revtor wrote:My 2 cents... Im running free os. and the grid editor is all the xox style I'd ever need. its all there visually, simple to use and straightforward. Only thing I'd like to be able to do is easily zoom into the resolution. Other than that it's as good a grid editor as I've ever used.

save the code space for something really useful - we already have a grid editor that works fine and is easy as hell to use.

~Steve

The Grid editor available in every version of JJOS is nothing like the XOX style sequencer in OS2. You should start saving those cents so you can try it. :wink:
By Emilie Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:06 pm
revtor wrote:save the code space for something really useful - we already have a grid editor that works fine and is easy as hell to use.

~Steve

How would you use that in a live situation? (yeah i know you can throw your hands at the front side of the box, but you can't X0X it live)!
By revtor Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:58 pm
I wouldn't use the grid editor in a live situation, just like I wouldn't tap beats in an xox grid live. I'd use the pads and do it MPC style, in a track.

my2c
~Stv
By T7 Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:21 pm
revtor wrote:I wouldn't tap beats in an xox grid live.

And you couldn't even if you wanted to. You gotta "press" the beats on and off in the XOX sequencer. :wink:
By Emilie Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:32 pm
T7 wrote:
revtor wrote:I wouldn't tap beats in an xox grid live.

And you couldn't even if you wanted to. You gotta "press" the beats on and off in the XOX sequencer. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
By jeanpierresale Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:31 am
So what's up with this feature ? still no update ?

By the way, what's the midi notes to pad function that wasnt in the OS2 version ... What that means ? before you couldn't choose any midi note for each pad, it was always chromatic and fixed ?