Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By jaydee Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:49 pm
hi everyone, I can not figure out how to copy a pads sequence in grid mode. Lets say I play a kick part in my sequence, then I want to add another kick doing the same as the first kick but on a different pad., I tried to copy the first one but it always pastes it on the same track/pad...I copy the 4 bars of the first kick, then hit the pad I want to paste to and it alwasy copys back to the first kicks track.....I hope I am explaining this good enough, I have searched the net and looked through the jjos 2xl manual and I can not find the info, I am not saying that it is not there, I just cant find it!!! thank you for even reading this!!
By jimmie Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:48 pm
I struggled/struggle with this too.

There is nothing in Seq Edit that achieves this immediately.

Best way I do it:
Go to Seq Edit.
Copy your pad/kick events to another track.
Go to that track and then go into Seq Edit again.
Choose transpose and transpose to the second kick's pad.
On the main screen of your transposed events track, move your cursor over the pad number on the screen (below the program) and hit window.
'Pad move event to another track' will come up.
Now move your transposed pad back to the original track.

Tadaaa...

Very long-winded, but it does what you want.

Caution: I found a bug in 'Pad move event to another track'. Do not press WINDOW again to come out of it because it deletes ALL of your events except pad A01. I've just written this bug to JJ.

Another approach would be to go into PROGRAM and for the pad that you want to duplicate events for, in the MUTE page set MODE to SIMULT1 and choose the Target pad. This will duplicate live hit events to the target pad.

SIMULT2 plays the target pad/s at the same time without duplicating events on the timeline, which is what I always use.
By dtaa pla muk Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:00 am
good bughunting, jimmie, thanks for that.

I want to add another kick doing the same as the first kick but on a different pad.,

sounds like a job for simult.

before you record, on the first pad, go to GPE and find MUTE/SIMULT. hit that F key to select SIMULT. assign the first pad to SIMULT1 the 2nd pad. then record. both pads' note data will then be recorded to the sequence.

if you instead just want padB to be triggered whenever padA is hit, select SIMULT2 instead of simult1. in this case, padB will NOT be recorded to the sequence, instead just triggered by padA
By le rat Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:40 am
You're right it's very time-consuming. I think it would be good to request a pad event copy option.

If you're reluctant to use the pad move event to other track, there is another solution.

Let's say you have a 2 bar seq with 1 track and events on pad01

-you can copy it to make it twice longer (extended to 4 bar)
-then transpose the pad01 events on bar 3 and 4 to the pad you want
-then use the move function to put them on bar 1 and 2

you have to be careful with the replace or merge option though. Plus the transpose function is only for one pad (drum track).

Anyway as suggested earlier, using the simult function is a good idea to avoid doing that afterwards.