Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Invincible Principle Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:36 am
Hello Everyone,

I am currently working my way throught the Beat Making For MPC 1000 Eboook and on the section about recording Note repeat is says just hold it down on the in count and it will record.

When it come to recording the loop, only the first note of the bar with record and the rest will be silent and therefor no note repeat record.

Is this broken or is it a User(loser) Error by me.

I am using jjos 3.12

Thanks
By Lampdog Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:58 pm
When it come to recording the loop, you ARE the Father!

Jk, that was the first thing that came to my head.

What is the your time correct on when doing this? When you hit rec+start
or rec+overdub and the count in starts, hold the note repeat and the pad that you want to perform this on. Wait...

Why are you note repeating a LOOP?.
Loops aren't meant to be note repeated. School me on that one.
I'm not understanding what your doing.
By Invincible Principle Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:25 pm
i think ive used the wrong words

i not not repeating a loop its a sample (hi hat, snare) mono

im doing what you say and holding it in for the count but when the recording starts only the first beat of the sequence accepts the note.

that clearer man?

thanks for your reply
By Lampdog Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:41 pm
Aiight, holding note repeat + the sample and tc at 1/16th. Don't let the note repeat or the pad go, keep holding it even after the beat starts. Note repeat is a retriggering of the sample over and over. If you let it go the note repeat will stop retriggering.
By Invincible Principle Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:14 pm
all apreciated man but thats what i am doing..

only the first beat regesters tho. so for example on a 2 bar recording only beat one will have the sound and the others are silent..

im not sure why its doing this..

IP
By sparq Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:23 pm
Invincible Principle wrote:I am using jjos 3.12

Thanks
By cosy murx Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:02 pm
does it record the note repeat but there is no sound?
or doesn't it even record the note repeat?

maybe the program is set to mono and other notes are cutting it off?
By cosy murx Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:47 am
when you press shift + note repeat it will hold the chosen note repeat (F1 - F6).
you can then just play the pads without holding note repeat.
does that make any difference?
By Lampdog Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:46 pm
As a last resort, did you try and reset the mpc, I don't remember what buttons, maybe hold what was it stop or erase together while powering on, you'll have to search the boards.

Or reload the OS?
By strngpwrs Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:36 pm
Hey man did you ever find a solution to this? Mine is currently doing the same thing.

specs

JJOS 3.16

issues include note repeat not working during record or play but works when sequencer is not running

Also when recording, the second note is off and the metronome is not in sync with the beat even though the samples are chopped precisely. Making a beat with the timing correct on at all is maddening, it does not sync properly.

please halp!
By loopdigga420 Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:41 pm
Hey you guys, wanted to revive this thread a bit to see if we can find a solution...

I'm having the same problem as OP but I'm not home right now to check my JJOS version.. whichever is most updated. (3.16?)

This is a problem that happened out of the blue, I had used note repeat for over a year and then one night I found that it wouldn't work properly. I guess I should add that I can play/audition samples with note repeat, but when I go to record a take, it only plays once.

Btw, this is one of my first posts on the board, so... happy to be here with y'all!
By NoahPriddle Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:57 pm
Hey Guys,

I'm experiencing the same problem as described... Can't seem to find any solution on this matter!!
I have re-installed the OS, re-formatted the memory card, searched the manual and hunted online....
Any help/direction would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Noah