Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By TYPO Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:26 am

I am excited to try OS3 and am grateful to JJ for making it free.It is not something I
would have purchased because of the large screen.Now having OS2XL and a free
OS3 to try seems good to me. :nod:
By le rat Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:05 am
From what I heard the main problem with OS2XL is the lack of space for parameters in order to implement new features.

It seems that OS128XL is based on a simplified code.

I think it's probably a "chance" that OS3 is in development, last time I asked about it I was told that JJ was tired and was seeking new challenges.

At the beginning OS2XL will probably be superior but it will be up to users to give feedback and ask for improvements. If you think OS3 is not for you, just pass and don't do the free upgrade. After all it's just an OS, music...etc

It's not that important :)
By sally Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:26 pm
evil A Sulli wrote:
sally wrote:Image

Ohh Sally, tell the MPC Forums how many times you have PMed me with nonsense.

was necessary to say here and now this? :lol:

I see you,
're angry,

actually this is the reason for their great state of anger?

I'm sorry, next time will not happen again.

with my permission: you can show my PMs :popcorn: , and the users could review. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

smile man!!
By evil A Sulli Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:34 pm
Nym wrote:please contact MPC-tutor if you think mods are behaving poorly in this subforum or others.

Meh...I see what is going on here and he cannot stop it.

le rat wrote:From what I heard the main problem with OS2XL is the lack of space for parameters in order to implement new features.
In respect to the hardware yes. Most people never requested more polyphony because we know there is a limit.

le rat wrote:It seems that OS128XL is based on a simplified code.
Good to hear that.

le rat wrote:I think it's probably a "chance" that OS3 is in development, last time I asked about it I was told that JJ was tired and was seeking new challenges.
MPC forums have plenty of challenges for him.

le rat wrote:At the beginning OS2XL will probably be superior but it will be up to users to give feedback and ask for improvements.
I hope this is true and if it is OS3 will no longer be equal to OS128XL.

le rat wrote:If you think OS3 is not for you, just pass and don't do the free upgrade. After all it's just an OS, music...etc
JJ made it free for a reason and OS3 is not an upgrade from OS2XL.

sally wrote:
was necessary to say here and now this? :lol:

I see you,'re angry,

actually this is the reason for their great state of anger?

I'm sorry, next time will not happen again.

smile man!!

Yea I had to expose you for who you really are. That mash up of an MPC (MPC with joysticks) was to show Akai MPC forums don't know what they are talking about.

Angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry or happy.

Are you good or bad I do not know. All I can say is I see what you are doing and you need to steer clear away from me before I expose more. hehe

ps the first ps was a riddle if you didn't get one day you will... :)
By ThobRom Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:38 am
le rat wrote:From what I heard the main problem with OS2XL is the lack of space for parameters in order to implement new features.

Interesting.

That explains a few things.

I remember that being the reason to remove the pong game and I was wondering why OS3 would not have every feature that OS2xl has or an upgraded replacement for it.

And I assume that like most code everywhere else.
the more simplified it is the better it will run.

I certainly hope that JJ will find the time and interest to keep pursuing this.

Since it looks like the 1000/2500 will the the last MPC/sampling drum machines worth a damn.

(I guess the new Linndrum will come out eventually, but that might be boutique level gear.)
By kneebone77 Tue May 07, 2013 4:13 pm

I think it's probably a "chance" that OS3 is in development...

This has pretty much been my take on the whole thing. I'm certain some OS2xl features will make they'er way back into OS3. Which features though will remain to be seen.

Personally, I have no complaints as he's offering it free to OSxl users so you can try with no risk.
By MaZe Tue May 07, 2013 4:18 pm
OS3 looks great to me. Unfortunately, according to the comparison chart, it will not feature NDC, which is a must for me. Hopefully it will make it in there at some point.
By aflo Tue May 07, 2013 5:00 pm
Maze: On quick glance it looks like he removed NDC but in reality he's replaced it with a better NDC which uses non destructive slices that can slice across the entire sample independent of the other slices. Check it out!
By MaZe Tue May 07, 2013 10:35 pm
kneebone77 wrote:^Precisely.

Damn. I must have missed this. Although, I don't know how this is really different from the NDC as it exists now, can you point me in the direction of where I can learn more about this? Was it in the video?
By kaydigi Tue May 07, 2013 11:15 pm
aflo wrote:Maze: On quick glance it looks like he removed NDC but in reality he's replaced it with a better NDC which uses non destructive slices that can slice across the entire sample independent of the other slices. Check it out!

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/128 ... st_end.htm
By MaZe Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 pm
kaydigi wrote:
aflo wrote:Maze: On quick glance it looks like he removed NDC but in reality he's replaced it with a better NDC which uses non destructive slices that can slice across the entire sample independent of the other slices. Check it out!

YO!!!!! This is a dream come true. I have done a workaround just like this on the MPC 4000 before by copying the sample multiple times (the 4K has 512mb ram, only way this is possible) but this is amazing! I assume that this will be in OS3 and not just 128XL? I guess I'll look for it on the comp list. Thanks for the heads up!
By kaydigi Wed May 08, 2013 12:47 am
MaZe wrote:
kaydigi wrote:

YO!!!!! This is a dream come true. I have done a workaround just like this on the MPC 4000 before by copying the sample multiple times (the 4K has 512mb ram, only way this is possible) but this is amazing! I assume that this will be in OS3 and not just 128XL? I guess I'll look for it on the comp list. Thanks for the heads up!

JJ refers to the the OS3 manual as the 128xl manual. So it seems like they will exactly the same minus screen orientation/pages.

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/128xl/manual.htm

I can't wait, I wish tutor would load some 128xl projects into the Ren to see how they import over.