Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By bboyta Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:12 am
Yo, another recording question from me. So I was at a friends place a while ago and i noticed that he recorded all tracks in once, so he separated each sound or track so he could manually boost The drums or The samples in The daw after (Logic). He used a sp1200 and it was hooked up to a sound card and then from soundcard to Mac i guess! How do i do this with my mpc1000 ?
By m:t:c Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:15 am
Send your tracks to individual outs (stereo or mono). That's in the manual.
By mumkai Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:21 pm
use 4 assignable outs on your mpc. best to get a color coated snake (bunched of 1/4" cables) for organization. you must have an interface/soundcard that supports up to 4 inputs of simultaneous recording. go to mixer mode, F2 - at the top you will see ST (L/R of stereo outs), you can change that to 1-4, L or R of stereo outs. this all pertains to the back of your MPC. this should help you get started. if you dont have multi input interface then just do 1 track at a time. just remember kicks, snare, hats etc are usually recorded mono. good luck!
By peeping tom Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:56 am
you can have 8 if you use the digital out and split it........( Stereo out 1, Stereo out 2, mix out 1,mix out 2, mix out 3, mix out 4, Dig L, Dig R )

just a note, you need an interface with at least 6 inputs and the ability to send more than 2 tracks over usb.
By faze1 Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:41 pm
peeping tom wrote:you can have 8 if you use the digital out and split it........( Stereo out 1, Stereo out 2, mix out 1,mix out 2, mix out 3, mix out 4, Dig L, Dig R )

just a note, you need an interface with at least 6 inputs and the ability to send more than 2 tracks over usb.

Sorry if im wrong, but I thought on the 1000(jjos) the digital output only mirrors the main output?
By peeping tom Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:18 am
faze1 wrote:
peeping tom wrote:you can have 8 if you use the digital out and split it........( Stereo out 1, Stereo out 2, mix out 1,mix out 2, mix out 3, mix out 4, Dig L, Dig R )

Sorry if im wrong, but I thought on the 1000(jjos) the digital output only mirrors the main output?

did not know that! good looking out!
By Lampdog Mon May 30, 2016 7:51 pm
Each instrument, each sample, gets its own track in mpc.

Possible to output 6 channels at once. 4 indy outputs and left mono and right mono.

Get a soundcard that has all the ports you need, this case, 6 from mpc.

USB/firewire/thunderbolt to mac.

Not all interfaces/soundcard will send multi-channels into computer.
READ the specs before purchase.
By John Vandenberghe Tue May 31, 2016 1:02 pm
Epictetus wrote:does this also mean that you have to record each track on its own in the MPC before tracking it to a separate track in logic??

That's one option and by far my favourite for many reasons but you don't have to
You can assign pad outputs in jjosxl as opposed to track outputs as well so if you sequenced all your drums on one track all is not lost!

The way I multi track is easy but it is a bit of work
I usually make a rough arrangement in song mode in the mpc, then I consolidate the song to a single long sequence.
Then I assign my tracks to the outputs as I want it and use track mutes to record the whole thing, it sometimes takes up to 3 or 4 passes depending on what you have going on in the mpc. All that done synced to my daw of course.

I use a motu 828 and can't say enough good things about it if you are looking into getting a good interface, it's well worth the price!
By Epictetus Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:45 pm
Lampdog wrote:Each instrument, each sample, gets its own track in mpc.

Possible to output 6 channels at once. 4 indy outputs and left mono and right mono.

But correct me if i'm wrong...

i can put together a Program but i have to play each sound i.e. kick, snare, HH, etc on its own track and overdub each element. Unless i'm missing something(i'm almost certain i am) then that is a little nuts!
By Lampdog Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:48 pm

Me.

Seq1 -> Trk1 -> kik -> padA1 -> adat1
Seq1 -> Trk2 -> snr -> padA2 -> adat2
Seq1 -> Trk3 -> tom -> padA3 -> adat3
Seq1 -> Trk4 -> hat -> padA4 -> adat4
Seq1 -> Trk5 -> hrn -> padA5 -> adat5
Seq1 -> Trk6 -> tri -> padA6 -> adat6
Seq1 -> Trk7 -> cym -> padA7 -> adat7
Seq1 -> Trk8 -> bell -> padA8 -> adat8

mpc4k adat1 - > audio interface adat input 1
mpc4k adat2 - > audio interface adat input 2
mpc4k adat3 - > audio interface adat input 3
mpc4k adat4 - > audio interface adat input 4
mpc4k adat5 - > audio interface adat input 5
mpc4k adat6 - > audio interface adat input 6
mpc4k adat7 - > audio interface adat input 7
mpc4k adat8 - > audio interface adat input 8

audio interface adat input 1 -> Reaper DAW Mono track 1
audio interface adat input 2 -> Reaper DAW Mono track 2
audio interface adat input 3 -> Reaper DAW Mono track 3
audio interface adat input 4 -> Reaper DAW Mono track 4
audio interface adat input 5 -> Reaper DAW Mono track 5
audio interface adat input 6 -> Reaper DAW Mono track 6
audio interface adat input 7 -> Reaper DAW Mono track 7
audio interface adat input 8 -> Reaper DAW Mono track 8

mpc1k uses 6 outputs when doing this.

If you have more than 6 tracks on mpc then you'll have to swap out those mpc sounds and/or tracks and make another recording pass in DAW using 7-12.

How you swap and manage is on you, there is more than one way to do that.
By John Vandenberghe Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:08 pm
Epictetus wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Each instrument, each sample, gets its own track in mpc.

But correct me if i'm wrong...

i can put together a Program but i have to play each sound i.e. kick, snare, HH, etc on its own track and overdub each element. Unless i'm missing something(i'm almost certain i am) then that is a little nuts!

Like I already said you can assign outputs for each pad in jjosxl so if all your drums are played in on one midi track you can still record the audio that way if you have an interface with enough inputs

The reason I like to split each element on its own track is to play with track mutes!