Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By alamin Fri May 30, 2014 10:55 pm
Is it possible to assign some knobs or sliders from a MIDI controller to some MPC parameters ?

Example : I would like to control "MPC Pad 02" 's pitch with a knob from my MIDI controller + "MPC Pad 03" 's volume with another knob.

Example of controller :

Is it possible ? How ?
By tsutek Sat May 31, 2014 8:49 am
IIRC it's possible to control the track mixer and the pad mixer via MIDI CC, as well as all the buttons on the unit are remote mappable. Individual pad parameters are not available I'm afraid, but of course certain things can be achieved with Qlink modulations, and Qlink sliders can be CC controlled via MIDI.

Just to keep in mind - certain CC controls can cause glitches with the MPC if you can't use "thinning" on the MIDI sending end, guess the MPC has quite limited resources for handling realtime MIDI control data or smthng..
By bliprock Sat May 31, 2014 9:36 am
If you care to read the manual, you will see this
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/128xl/button.htm
It will allow you to do that and others have made macros to control MPC this way
By alamin Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:33 am
Thanks @bliprock for your answer.
I don't have 128XL but OS2XL. Is this still possible with this OS ?

I would like to do this :
PAD 1 volume => MIDI controller CC1
PAD 1 transpose => MIDI controller CC2
PAD 2 volume => MIDI controller CC3
PAD 2 transpose => MIDI controller CC4
PAD 16 volume => MIDI controller CC31
PAD 16 transpose => MIDI controller CC32
etc.

Do you think it is possible with OS2XL @bliprock ?
By TYPO Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:35 pm
You have to look at it is being the same function as the buttons and sliders only external control .What you are trying to do would be best done with QLINK(in which you can assign externally as well)per pad or full program.I use a ribbon control for my QLINK .I will try to think of more options. :-D