Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By garethsmyth Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:44 am
Im currently running jjos free. If I try to reinstall free (im facing directory error warnings when saving), or upgrade to jjos1, will i lose any of the work that i have currently saved on my cf card?

basically will my projects play the same if i upgrade??
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:23 pm
I've split this from the other topic. Please always create a new topic for your questions rather than tagging your question onto the end of an unrelated topic.

Directory errors require you reformat your disk using jjos, so back up the disk first and then reformat. Then put the data back, hopefully all should be fine. Do all this in jjos free. Just be aware that directory errors can just be a faulty disk. Plus some files may be corrupt already.

Jjos free projects load fine in jjos1
By garethsmyth Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:03 pm
so i tried formatting with the format button (duh!) but im still getting the directory error when i load that project back on and try to save new parts.

any other ideas?? getting desperate here..
By garethsmyth Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:34 pm
porblem solved. for anyone interested, the directory error was a file name with a space before it. so it was called " main beat" instead of "main beat"

i just deleted it from the disk and can save perfectly again.

Thanks for your help.
By jazzroom Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:58 am
Hi,
ive just lost all year of work on beats beats and samples on CF card after trying to save project
"Directory Error!" message , after restarting MPC - CF card is unreadable/invisible by MPC and by Mac computer :(
(MPC1000 JJ 2XL 3.80) Kingston 4GB CF
any ideas?