Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By padillac Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:47 pm
Hi, I'm having a weird problem with JJOS-XL 3.52 on my 2500.

I'm using a MIDI program, and the synth responds to aftertouch (channel pressure messages). I've set "MIDI out after touch: YES" from the window screen, and when I play a pad the synth responds to the pressure changes.

But when I record my playing on the pads, it doesn't record the aftertouch! So playing it back on the synth is like I don't have any aftertouch at all.

I don't understand why this is. Does the MPC just not record aftertouch from its own pads? Is there some setting to enable recording of aftertouch info from the pads, that I'm just overlooking? Thanks for any help...
By Bugfix Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:18 am
it makes sense if one does not want to record (to not to trash a sequencer in case if nothing respond to Poly AT).
I don't recall any other "switch" to make that working, but for sure I was turning recording on and off numerously to send on no.

For sake of proper operation I always assign an empty program called MIDI - it's needed even for changing notes or to save some settings within program - PC,CC, note (track type deos not matter in this case, it can be even set to drum)
By Soothsayer Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:14 am
I know this is a super late reply, but the information above is correct. Changing the program info does work for recording the Pad Out aftertouch.

With that said, I still don't see how it would necessarily be imperative for the aftertouch specifically to be tied to a program (even an empty one). I get the point of program settings for MIDI notes, etc, but with aftertouch, you would think turning on the option in MIDI, should suffice for recording the aftertouch purposes later. That was my only implication and I was NOT "trashing a sequencer"...

edit: to make a point further, I record most notes on an MPC via-external 88-key MIDI keyboard. I don't need any special program with altered MIDI notes on the 64 pads loaded to have the MPC record notes outside of the default 64 notes assigned to a program (C1-D#6).
By elmacaco Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:04 am
This is actually a clever way to filter aftertouch from the midi out, without adding A menu option.
Hard to find, but once you know I'm glad it's there. Aftertouch can clog early sequencers and a lot if times it gets recorded foe no reason and the midi can suffer.

I wonder if there is anything else hidden in the program settings for midi tracks?