Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:09 am
JeriKo Jackson wrote:not being able to use both qlinks simultaneously are deal breakers for me

JeriKo have you ask JJ if its possible to implement the use of the q-links simultaneously in a future update? Maybe worth shooting him a question in the following form

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/mpc ... report.htm

JeriKo Jackson wrote:Woah... play and chop.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-0dU4Yqv0HQ&feature=youtu.be

Whoa indeed, a pretty neat feature :smoker:
By JeriKo Jackson Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:53 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:
JeriKo Jackson wrote:not being able to use both qlinks simultaneously are deal breakers for me

[color=black]JeriKo have you ask JJ if its possible to implement the use of the q-links simultaneously in a future update? Maybe worth shooting him a question in the following form

I checked the bug fixes on the site and it was apparently addressed. I haven't checked it yet but plan to later today.

*EDIT* Got through testing the qlinks. There may be a few qlink settings that work. The only assignments that I tried that functioned as they should together were velocity and tune. But having say, qlink 1 assigned to filter and qlink 2 assigned to tune... in this scenario moving qlink 1 slider overrides qlink 2 slider :-(

The OS feels smoother overall and navigation is simpler... chopping is nice.
Still staying with 2XL for now.... waiting for the Live :roll: But hopefully JJ keeps developing OS3.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:31 pm
I'm still on the fence and holding judgement as I've only had about 5 minutes of playing with OS3 Version 2, hopefully will get sometime soon to get into the 1000 in a bit more depth and see how it goes. I'm sure it much better then the last time I tried OS3, think it was OS3 1.09. Really couldn't get on with it, so I switched back to OS2XL and OSXL respectively.

Man that sucks about the q-links but I'm sure its a fixable bug :nod: . To be honest I probably stick with the 1000 and 2500 with JJOS, it does all I need it to do :-D .
By JeriKo Jackson Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:49 am
JJ messaged me back and basically said that the qlink behavior is as expected. Very disappointing.

That play and chop feature is **** dope. You make those chops as the sample plays and they are automatically assigned to the pads. You can preview them right there in the trim screen and adjust the start and end points super quick. Its not enough to make me stay with OS3 :(
By loose_t Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:02 pm
i haven't had time to check out the new os for the 2500 yet. Can anyone tell me if the bug where distortion occurs on outputs 7/8 when filters are engaged has been fixed?
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:06 am
JeriKo Jackson wrote:JJ messaged me back and basically said that the qlink behavior is as expected. Very disappointing.

Indeed that's very disappointing, really one of them head scratchers that JJ does occasionally. I mean what's the point of leaving it as it is if some of the the q-link sliders filters don't work together and override each other? I normally use the low pass filter and tune q-links together in JJOS2XL and OSXL, if these don't work in OS3 Version 2 then I won't be switching unfortunately.

JeriKo Jackson wrote:That play and chop feature is **** dope. You make those chops as the sample plays and they are automatically assigned to the pads. You can preview them right there in the trim screen and adjust the start and end points super quick.

Cool, Yeah the play and chop feature looks super dope. I really can't wait to load it up and try it out :smoker:

loose_t wrote:i haven't had time to check out the new os for the 2500 yet. Can anyone tell me if the bug where distortion occurs on outputs 7/8 when filters are engaged has been fixed?

Unfortunately I haven't had used OS3 since about 1.09, but I had a look through the bug fixes loose_t and found this bug fix for version 1

------------------------------------------------
Coped: OS3 Ver1.51A 07-JAN-2017
The problem on which sound is sometimes distorted was coped with.

I'm guessing that JJ has fix the issue but I can't confirm this a 100 percent, maybe worth firing OS3 and double checking.
By SPACESHEEP Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:19 pm
A few words about that issue with qlinks..

In my case there was a bug when one QLINK is HPF REALTIME and other QLINK is PAN NOTE ON. Both had not work simultaneously. I wrote a bug report and Murai answered me that this bug is unfixable.
And the way to record what i need was to do it in two steps. Step 1: record 'realtime' qlink events (LPF in my case) and step two - overdub it with 'note on' qlink events (pan in my case).
The problem is in fact that 'realtime' qlink overwrites 'note on' records in pad events. Murai said that this feature was added to prevent bad sound on the pad start. Because if there are 'realtime' qlink events around pad event with 'note on' record - in the moment when the pad starts to sound (with its 'note on' event) - the realtime effect goes off for a moment (until start of nearest 'realtime' qlink event). To prevent this JJ added this qlink feature with only one qlink working at the moment.

But what I found: If You manually (through step editor) place 'realtime' qlink event right after the pad event (with 'note on' record) with equal time parameter on both - both qlink effects will sound right. Maybe I should write this to JJ. They can use this feature to avoid bad sound on pad starts without killing 'note on' records by 'realtime' event.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:33 pm
SPACESHEEP wrote:But what I found: If You manually (through step editor) place 'realtime' qlink event right after the pad event (with 'note on' record) with equal time parameter on both - both qlink effects will sound right. Maybe I should write this to JJ. They can use this feature to avoid bad sound on pad starts without killing 'note on' records by 'realtime' event.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Good looking out SpaceSheep will have to try this when I fire OS3 up :smoker: Yeah you should definitely send this to Murai.
By loose_t Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:40 am
loose_t wrote:i haven't had time to check out the new os for the 2500 yet. Can anyone tell me if the bug where distortion occurs on outputs 7/8 when filters are engaged has been fixed?

Unfortunately I haven't had used OS3 since about 1.09, but I had a look through the bug fixes loose_t and found this bug fix for version 1

Coped: OS3 Ver1.51A 07-JAN-2017
The problem on which sound is sometimes distorted was coped with.

I'm guessing that JJ has fix the issue but I can't confirm this a 100 percent, maybe worth firing OS3 and double checking.
[/quote]

I just tried tried both OS3 1.51 and OS3 2.11 and I'm still getting digital distortion on output 8 when filters are on.
:(
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:07 pm
loose_t wrote:I just tried tried both OS3 1.51 and OS3 2.11 and I'm still getting digital distortion on output 8 when filters are on. :(

Hmmm strange but the best thing to do would be send a bug report to JJ

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/bug/report.htm

Hopefully JJ can reproduce this bug and fix it.
By HanHuman Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:36 pm
Hi

Been playing around with an MPC 1000 for a while (years on and off) but never used it as a main composition tool.
I'd like to give it a try but I can't figure out what OS I should settle for. Actually have OS3 V2 wich is pretty interesting but I keep finding features like View in Grid Edit Mode and other stuff that would be great tools but only available on OS2XL. Been through the JJ OS Comparison Chart and Manual multiple times but it's just not possible to get clear information there. It's a detective work that only lead to more questions.

So here's my question, what are the Main / Core differences / possibilities betwen OS3 & OS2XL?

Thanks for any help!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:56 pm
To be honest with HanHuman the best thing to is to download JJOS2XL and give it a try to see if it for you or not. OS3 is free with all it functions and features but your still need to purchase a password for JJOS2XL to enable you to save on your work on OS3. Also If you purchased the OS2XL password then you free to save on the other OS versions like OS1 and 2 as well.

OS1 - Development and bug fixes have stopped.
OS2 - Development and bug fixes have stopped.
OS2XL - Development has stopped but JJ is still fixing bugs that people are reporting to him.
OS3 - Version 1 - Development and bug fixes have stopped.
Version 2 - JJ is adding new features, requests as well as bug fixes.

Just download each one, give them a good going through (could even write the pros and cons of each tested OS) and see which you prefer.
By HanHuman Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:59 pm
Thanks for the answer, I wasn't very clear but I already purchased the OS2XL password years ago, and when OS3 came out I installed and kinda stuck with it.
Then I sort of stoped using the MPC for two years and never went through all the OS2XL possibilities back then. Plus OS3 has many new features since I got back to it few month ago.

The reason I ask is because there seem to be compatibility issues between OS2XL and OS3, so I feel like I have to settle for one or the other and stick with it.
The main feature I regret not having on OS3 is the view screen in grid mode, seems to be the best tool to quickly edit bars, especially drums. Unless I missed some features, but as I said it's difficult to compare unless by spending 6 month on each one.

I'll try the OS2XL but the fact that OS3 (V2) still and will get updates may be one of its biggest advantage over the other.
By ThobRom Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:39 pm
Does anybody know how to extract chops in OS3?
In OS2 it was with the shift button but it doesn't do that here.

Also when your playing a program loop and editing a sample at the same time in OS3 it keeps jumping out of whatever zoom you choose and back to unzoomed which is kind of a bummer becasue now you have to stop the beat to fine edit the start point.