Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Dylan Griswold Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:00 am
Im thinking of using my 16 channel mixer but tbh, Im still a noob when it comes to efficiently using analog mixers. I know there is a way for me tap a portion of my signal with my effects and resample them into the mpc, while at the same time utilizing the mixer to mute channels and record from my main outs to my daw.
By Dylan Griswold Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:31 am
So, would this work?

Bd- Channel 1
Sn-2
3.HH
4.Bass
5/6. Stereo out MPC samples and metronome for writing
7/8. Midi triggered synth

Aux send 1 to DP/4
Aux send 2 PCM 41

I have sub outs so I could plug that into my MPC's Record in for resampling? And have my main outs to my audio interface to record my sequences to my Daw. Or should I just throw my wav files into Logic before dragging it into my MPC. Errhh, help me guys. Just trying to find a efficent way to use my external effects as part of the writing process.
By DokBrown Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:37 am
I was wondering whether any JJOS has a timed resample option like the roland MV ?

With the MV, you can sample/resample based on seconds or # beats/quarter notes. ex. 16 beats = 4 bars.

With the MV, I use this to make ableton clips of both internal samples and external audio[volca, bass station] that my MV is MIDI sequencing.

Does any JJOS have a similar sampling option or do you have to manually stop it & then trim the clip to the desired length ?
By cantothetrell Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:57 am
DokBrown wrote:Does any JJOS have a similar sampling option or do you have to manually stop it & then trim the clip to the desired length ?

Create a new audio track and set the source to main outs or whatever you're recording. Then set the loop length to match where and how long you want the sample to be. Then hit record. If you need the sample shorter than a single bar just hit up slice mode in the trim menu after recording.
Sorry if that doesn't make sense. I can post a video if you need :)
By jazzroom Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:20 pm
cantothetrell wrote:
DokBrown wrote:Does any JJOS have a similar sampling option or do you have to manually stop it & then trim the clip to the desired length ?

Create a new audio track and set the source to main outs or whatever you're recording. Then set the loop length to match where and how long you want the sample to be. Then hit record. If you need the sample shorter than a single bar just hit up slice mode in the trim menu after recording.
Sorry if that doesn't make sense. I can post a video if you need :)

Anyone noticed that the recorded resampled audio ..from main outputs is much softer the the original source?