Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By AprietaBotones Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:46 am
Hello everyone, I have no idea about MIDI but I want to make the mixes in Jjos1 using my DAW as controller. Is that possible? If yes, can someone guide me a little?
I user Reaper and Ableton.

Thanks in advance.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:19 pm
AprietaBotones wrote:Hello everyone, I have no idea about MIDI

Whoa slow your roll mate, best learning to walk before you run and all that. A quick search on here or google would of answered your question about MIDI but you should read this great article which will give you all the information you need about what MIDI is, does etc before you trying the next step ;)

http://tweakheadz.com/how-to-get-starte ... ng-studio/
By tapedeck Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:53 pm
AprietaBotones wrote:I want to make the mixes in Jjos1 using my DAW as controller. Is that possible? If yes, can someone guide me a little?
I user Reaper and Ableton.

Thanks in advance.

can you try explaining this again? what 'mixes' are you making in jjos, and what are you trying to get your daw to control?
that doesn't really make sense - if english is your second language thats ok, just try explaining again in more detail what you want to do. :mrgreen:
By AprietaBotones Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:41 pm
Sorry, my English level is "google translator". :lol: :lol: :lol:

What I am trying to do is to mix any beat in the MPC, but the mixer seems tedious.

I found this thread in the forum:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=110181

and this comment inspired my question:

"Just get a MIDI cable and sync track by track on the computer in Cubase or Protools or something..

You can't mix decent on the MPC, and the beat gotta go to the computer one day.. So why don't mix decent on the computer.."

I haven't found more information.

Thanks for your time.
By tapedeck Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:30 pm
ok you dont need a midi cable for any of that.
what he is saying is to record each track to your daw first, then mix in the daw. there is no controller happening.

one way is to use the separate outputs from the mpc to send different sounds to different outputs, record those in the daw, then mix there.

however - i would say just do it first in the mpc until you really feel like you need to move to the computer.

don't believe everything you read on the internet :mrgreen:
Last bumped by AprietaBotones on Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:30 pm.