Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By dj parkinson Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:32 pm
hey there, new to the forum. :wink:

been searching up and down the net and especially on here, but i can't wrap my head around this:

- load screen:
sample preview is working fine when i hit the 'play' button

- program screen:
when assigning samples to pads, i browse to a sample, hit 'play' and there's no sound. the led above the 'play' button lights up, but there's no sound.
:cry:

questions:
is there any hidden setting i haven't found yet?
have i bought a buggy mpc?
am i too plain dumb?

OSXL, V 3.55 on MPC1000.

thx a ton for any hints!!!
By dj parkinson Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:00 pm
thanks for the reply!

Bugfix wrote:Buttons don't act the same in every window.
obviously. :wink:

the way i'm doing it right now (please correct me):

in order to assign a different sample: program mode > keep hitting corresponding pad while scrolling through samples row. stop when happy.

but when in the 'sample list' (program > window), there is no way to preview samples. the place to purge, delete, rename and copy samples has no preview? that would be the weirdest of things. :shock:
By danformless Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:07 pm
I had this problem recently. After about 6 solid hourd of use suddenly no audio would output. I went into teh sample page and in there i could get sound. When switching between monitor sources the sequence I had playing would momentarily cut through so I assumed it was maybe a RAm issue.

Before opening up my machine to remove and reseat the RAM I thought I would post my issue on the MPC4000 owners group on Facebook and a guy named Damiano replied telling me to check my Global settings that the sample rate was not wrong. It had always been set to 96khz, but my samples are all 44.1khz so I had assumed that would not be the issue. I changed the global sample rate setting to 44.1khz and suddenly everything was working perfectly again. Sound was back and I was saved a lot of trouble by Damiano's logical and helpful response.

So I am posting this comment here to maybe help other people. You should also check out Damiano's YouTube channel and maybe also join the MPC4000 owners group also as it still seems pretty active.

http://www.youtube.com/tonelab
[url]
https://www.facebook.com/groups/akaizseries[/url]