Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Sharris Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:26 pm
I've been noticing a good amount of questions when it comes to "if I should buy JJOS" or comments like "I didn't know I could do that", so I thought it could be a nice idea to list the features JJOS adds that you love.

I have JJOSXL -

For me I absolutely love that you can record track mutes. I make my loops, variations, ect on their separate tracks, duplicate bars out to 90 something, record my track mutes, then I go back & add 1 shots here & there, record some automation, things like that. Beat done.

I love that you can trim/chop while playing the pads. With the free JJOS, when you're on the trim screen the only way you can check other pads is with the jog wheel. In JJOSXL you can stay on the trim screen while playing the pads. I like to trim while playing, I'm a perfectionist with my chops & love experimenting with different chops, pitches, ect. I hated that I had to leave the trim screen to test out my chops with the free JJOS.

There are other things I love as well, which I'll probably mention later if there is actually any interest in this thread. Would be cool to hear what you all like about JJOS over the akai os or even the free JJOS (never used the akai os, only the free JJOS & JJOSXL).
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:08 pm
Off the top of my head Sharris for JJOS 2XL/JJOS XL its got to be non-destructive chop, grid edit and track mutes that spring to mind at the moment.
Last edited by Psychedelic Schizophrenic on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By inflict3 Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:18 am
Jjos3... love the lazy chop, nondestructive chop... real-time timestrech is a treat..
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:58 pm
Really want to give OS3 another go on my 1000 and 2500 but the last time I used it inflict3 (It was version 1 and I think I was using 1.09 or something like that) But I couldn't deal with the issues of fixing every beat from JJOS 2XL/JJOS XL with missing settings, screwed up programs and samples (missing or wrong pitched) FXs missing for the different OS programs etc.

I should really give it another shot and see again.
By inflict3 Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:55 am
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:Really want to give OS3 another go on my 1000 and 2500 but the last time I used it inflict3 (It was version 1 and I think I was using 1.09 or something like that) But I couldn't deal with the issues of fixing every beat from JJOS 2XL/JJOS XL with missing settings, screwed up programs and samples (missing or wrong pitched) FXs missing for the different OS programs etc.

I should really give it another shot and see again.

Yea, I didn’t try opening up any other beats from other os. I just figure it isn’t gonna work and start from scratch... I just create a folder in my mem card for jjos3 entire memory and keep it all there...it’s different, but I gotta say this is my favorite os so far, the fun factor has me loving my mpc again.
By Sharris Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:02 pm
Yeah, non-destructive chop & grid edit! I couldn't use auto chop, so would just duplicate the samples, but non-destructive chop saves memory & is a lot quicker.
When first getting JJOSXL I didn't think I would be into grid edit, but it's really convenient. I haven't dug deep into it, but since I like making my beats by recording mutes, I work on long sequences, having the grid edit on the sequencer screen is awesome. Also helps with seeing when the notes are coming up.

I'm lookin into JJOS3 now, as far as I can tell, since I have JJOSXL I wouldn't have to pay for JJOS3. Which is nice in case I prefer JJOSXL...... but that real time time stretch looks nice.