Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By seoulsampler Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:33 am
Dearest Fellow MP Users....I'm working with an 2500 with the latest JJ OS XL 3.57....during work / making beats the MPC "suddenly" / "Randomly" reboots itself....very annoying especially when you in your "this is my best beat ever zone"

Does anyone know what might happens? AC-Voltage problem?

Thank you very much for your time!
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
By saltmcgault Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:45 pm
:smoker:
seoulsampler wrote:Dearest Fellow MP Users....I'm working with an 2500 with the latest JJ OS XL 3.57....during work / making beats the MPC "suddenly" / "Randomly" reboots itself....very annoying especially when you in your "this is my best beat ever zone"

Does anyone know what might happens? AC-Voltage problem?

Thank you very much for your time!
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

i can't tell you how many times i've stayed up till 5a.m. and left my 2500 on becuase i would pick up right where i left off when i got up only to hear the mid american (electric co.) truck out in the alley driving away from shutting our electricity off (roomate and i forgot to pay the electric bill regularly)... BEEEEWWWMMMM. beat(s) gone. i know the feeling all too well. If you ever run into janky problems with your OS. Reinstall the akai OS with a cf card with a low (MB) storage space. larger (GB) memory space cf cards seem to not work. then re-install your JJOS. If the problem continues, more than likely its not your OS. Good luck. Keep me updated curious if thats the root of the problem.
:smoker:
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:58 am
I had random rebooting after installing some bits and bobs inside my MPC2500. I cant remember which cable it was specifically, it might have been the screen or the pad sensors, but either way, make sure all cables internally are properly connected (including any internal drives) and also make sure there's nothing else obvious inside that might potentially be problematic (excessive dust, liquid, corrosion, exposed wiring etc).

Also if it continues, it might be worth taking out the memory expansion to see if this fixes it.