Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By 2ndNature Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:11 pm
Hi, I've been trying to program pitch automation to an external hardware sampler (akai s1000, ensoniq eps) from my MPC1000 with no luck. I can get the results I want when dealing with all internal samples in the MPC1000, but not with any external samplers.

For an example, I have a snare triggered every 16th note over 1 bar. With each 16th note I want the pitch of the snare to decrease by 5. When I program this in step edit mode the pitch of the sample in the external sampler is not affected, but if I program this and assign it to an internal sample in the 1000 it works fine. Any advice???
By 2ndNature Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:42 pm
Bugfix wrote:For external device you have to use Pitchbend, or corresponding CC# number (that is set in your device). If that is no help - what's your OS?

Hi, I’m a year late on this response. I’m using JJOS xl. I’m attempting to sequence and pitch breakbeats (like 1993-95 jungle style chops). When I program the beats in step edit the sample pitch is unaffected in my external samplers (s1000, s2000, eps), but, if I were to sequence with a daw (Ableton) and do a pitch ramp my external samplers respond to it. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?