Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By koncepticon Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:53 pm
SO I got this thing on ebay.. oops

It was fine for a minute.. but one day the thing came up with a spontaneous memory error. Since Then I have purchased a new RAM chip 3 times.. and none of them work.

On top of that, I am only getting audio from the left channel.

Is it going to cost me more to fix this than i paid for it, or is there a resource for internal parts around here I have missed?

Is there any way to bypass or reset this dumb memory check on startup?

Thanks
By saltmcgault Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:16 pm
koncepticon wrote:SO I got this thing on ebay.. oops

It was fine for a minute.. but one day the thing came up with a spontaneous memory error. Since Then I have purchased a new RAM chip 3 times.. and none of them work.

On top of that, I am only getting audio from the left channel.

Is it going to cost me more to fix this than i paid for it, or is there a resource for internal parts around here I have missed?

Is there any way to bypass or reset this dumb memory check on startup?

Thanks

have you tried turning it on without the ram inside? as for the left channel I would search the forum for what part is causing that.
By saltmcgault Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:15 pm
koncepticon wrote:Does anyone know if that memory check is part of JJOS or built in to the akai firmware?

Would it be worth while to install the akai os to see if it has the same issues?

thanks

It wont hurt to try reinstalling the akai OS as you can always install the JJOS again. if you go to mpc resources at the top right of screen and go to MPC software you can got to the site "biglobe" or some shit and in there is the manual for JJOS. I have it but its at home. You might have some luck looking there to see if there is some troubleshooting you can do. I hope it works out for you.
By saltmcgault Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:40 pm
koncepticon wrote:Cool man, thanks Ill give that a try.. I think im also gonna give this soundcloud thing a try i see you got goin there.. gonzo style

do it. then you can get in the weekly beat battles on the forum too. it’s a good way to learn and sharpen your skills and workflow. :smoker:
By Lampdog Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:39 pm
saltmcgault wrote:have you tried turning it on without the ram inside?

I know I'm late to the party but this would have been the first thing I'd have tried.
it isolates machine ram from ram sticks. If no sticks are in and it works fine, the problem could the
sticks or the seating where the sticks are, air it out.

Insert one stick at a time, boot up, try everything you can think of. Move on to the next stick
and do the same thing, one stick at a time to see which stick is the bad guy.
By richie Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:37 am
koncepticon wrote:"one stick at a time" .. youre a real mpc 1000 vet huh

Says the guy that doesn't have enough common sense to do simple troubleshooting.
Last edited by richie on Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Lampdog Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:07 am
koncepticon wrote:"one stick at a time" .. youre a real mpc 1000 vet huh

Don’t know the 1k mobo. Does it only have 1 slot? Every other mpc I’ve touched has more.
Easy mistake if so. People are not allowed to make mistakes (I got dark jokes that could stem from that). Your still the cheeziest tip of a dyck I see. Cool, props man! Well done.

Re:

By CharlesRandolph Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:06 am
Lampdog wrote:Don’t know the 1k mobo. Does it only have 1 slot? Every other mpc I’ve touched has more. Easy mistake if so. People are not allowed to make mistakes (I got dark jokes that could stem from that). Your still the cheeziest tip of a dyck I see. Cool, props man! Well done.

The curse of offering free tech support, on a discontinued machine, that the company no longer supports. His next question will get the dreaded RTM! (READ THE MANUAL) and a nomination for 2018 COTY.
By JUKE 179r Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:55 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:His next question will get the dreaded RTM! (READ THE MANUAL) and a nomination for 2018 COTY.

And rightfully so. :nod: