Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By DoryMuzik Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:11 pm
Hello y'all I'm writing here, I hope it's the good section, first of all sorry for my bad english, I use a little bit of Google Translation.
I'm using a Mpc2500 with a lot of Ram 128mb with Two 128GB SD inside.
I try to make beat using sequences in song mode and everything working fine, right now I want to know more about the Finger Drumming 'style' like the name said you do only the drums right? So how can I make a loop like Loop1 which will play for hours, then I put my drums on, and when I trigger loop 2 to play the same drums on, it will stop Loop1.
I see some videos on Instagram or the famous AraabMuzik, so they all play drums on MPC, but How do they switch from loop to another loop without silence? So yeah they trigger the loop, not on problem but how to set all of that.
Thank for all your answers if you understand all of my sh't.
By Sharris Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:59 pm
If I understand you correctly there are a lot of ways to do this, it just depends on how you want your performance to be & what skill level you're at.

1 way to do it, which I would think would be the easiest way to do it, is to plan it out. Make the entire song & just don't record the parts you want to finger drum. That way you just hit play, the song plays & you finger drum.

Or performing the entire beat, make it from scratch, play the sounds record them into the sequencer.

If I was you I would start with making the entire song & leaving the sections you want to perform blank.

Personally I wouldn't do it in song mode. I have JJOSXL, which allows you to record mutes. If you have JJOSXL, I suggest making the beat by recording mutes, that way you can really feel it out.

Basically you make your sequence, lets say it's 8 bars. Make all your loops. Copy the sequence out to like 90 bars or something. Go to the mute screen, record mutes to make the full song. Listen to the song & decide what you want to finger drum. Go back to the mute screen & mute those sections recording the mutes. Now it's ready to perform finger drumming.

There are a lot of possibilities, I suggest experimenting & trying different things out.