Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Lampdog Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:25 am
Your not ready for song mode yet.

Seq is where you wanna be for now. You need to start by reading the manual
and figure out the basics by reading and pushing the buttons that you read about.
That will give you an understanding of what those buttons do.
By Cockdiesel Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:32 am
Load a program
Select sequence 1 track one
Play a pad that will work
Press rec and play start
Press buttons
Hit stop
Press play
Select track 2
Rinse and repeat

There’s a great resource available at the top of the page called the Mpc bible. The little it costs will be lifetime of enjoyment.
By 606snareisfair Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:01 pm
Lampdog wrote:Your not ready for song mode yet.

Seq is where you wanna be for now. You need to start by reading the manual
and figure out the basics by reading and pushing the buttons that you read about.
That will give you an understanding of what those buttons do.

Yea i know that I'm not ready, I just remember it being so much easier on the akai OS 500 with a manual in hand. Here I'm lost because im looking on how to load things on the 1000, but the previous owner installed JJOSXL which seem to be some differences. I managed to load a kit and make a sequence last night. Song mode is basically where we string together our sequences right?
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:47 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:There’s a great resource available at the top of the page called the Mpc bible. The little it costs will be lifetime of enjoyment.

Second this too :nod:

Armed with the MPC bible and the broken English JJOS2XL manual your be on your way in no time :smoker:

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/os2xl/manual_3e.htm