Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By 606snareisfair Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:45 pm
I NEED URGENT HELP SETTING UP MY NEW STUDIO! (I DON'T EVEN HAVE MY 8 TRACK RECORDER YET SO MORE ON THAT LATER) Nothing too TECHNICAL I just NEED to know THE PROPER CABLES I SHOULD be USING, WHAT CABLEs I need to go from MPC to MIXER / MX49 to MIXER, both stereo instruments. (Should I have a stereo split to a single 1/4?) My mixer has "6" channels but the only fully controllable channels are 3. (I don't even know where the freaking inputs are!@) The mixer is a Peavy (PV 6BT) if anyone can help me with this thing it would be a blessing. Finally the last 2 channels have stereo inputs but appear to be "shared" channels 3/4 and 5/6. This is where I have my MPC and MX49 plugged into. My temporary sound source is a Fender mustang, Mono guitar amp on a blank, empty clean channel. I know I need studio monitors and they should go through the main out on the mixer? Please tell me all cables I need a recommend a set of decent powered monitors.
By 606snareisfair Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:57 pm
Lampdog wrote:https://www.google.com/search?q=music+studio+diagram&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS725US725&hl=en-US&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwitgqWwtJ3eAhVEz1QKHT79CQkQ_AUIESgB&biw=1024&bih=659

Does anything on this page search help you? Any clues on anything you might be able to use?

Yea i get all that but I walk into a music store and ask if they have stereo cables for an MPC and they look at me like I'm crazy. They say "uh we got these guitar cables." Do I need the 2 stereo outs with ONE input or I have to use multiple channels for one instrument? I also need to know how to get samples off my computer to my CF card.
By richie Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:32 pm
I can tell you why they are looking at you like you're crazy.
By Lampdog Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:32 am
richie wrote:I can tell you why they are looking at you like you're crazy.

I can think of mulitple reasons why they look @ op crazy. But I won’t listen them.

Op didn’t bother to look at the back of the manual to see what the outputs actually ARE to know what cables to use.

Op is not trying and “doesn’t get all that”.

Done. Not replying anymore.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:48 pm
As they say "The lazy man works the hardest"

I would read all your manuals on every bit of gear you got from front to back plus read this too

http://tweakheadz.com/guide-to-home-and ... c-studios/

Remember google is your friend and most off the basic answers you need can be found in a quick search