Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Mixla Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:59 am
Hi.

around a year ago I bought XLCD screen from mpcstuff.com for my 2500. After installation I've realized that screen flickers/fades in a weird way when I'm using the data knob to scroll in 95% of screens, also when I press pads to play something. When i say flickers - it actually looks like that it's loosing slight amount of power on moments and screen becomes slightly darker in those occasions. Not much, maybe 5-10%, and it happens very fast, but also, it's very obvious and annoying. I having a feeling that "fade" happens anytime when it has to "load" something little bit longer or has any process to do. On the main screen, all is okay. But everywhere else, it flickers. For example: load section, effects screen, program section etc etc...

I am no electrician but can it be that 2500 power is optimized for normal size screen so this XL one drains more power which results in these short "fadings"? It's weird because I saw many mpcs with XL screen and none had this issue. :hmmm: or at least they haven't been bothered with that...

I installed mpc2500_OS128ORG (v1.06) which I got on CD along purchase. Screen works 100% normally except that flicker issue. Should I mention that I'm from southern Europe? We use 230V here.

Do you can help me or point me who should I talk to?
Thanks guys

Best,
Miroslav
Last edited by Mixla on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By richie Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:44 pm
If I had the same issues as you, I would first ensure that the connections to the screen are secure. That screen draws 5.0v which is well within the range capable of the 2500's PSU to handle.

You being in Europe won't matter as it is a switching power supply inside the 2500 so no matter you are in 110/220 the screen will still draw and be provided with the same voltage.

Alternatively, you can purchase another screen and see if it happens with this as well. Keep in mind that you will have to re-solder your own connections though.

https://www.buydisplay.com/default/blue ... controller
By Mixla Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:34 pm
Thank you for your opinion. I talked to mpc technician, he told me as well that it could be a loose connection/cable issue. It's even more relieving that I couldn't find much info about this which maybe means that it IS that I didn't do something right there. Other than trying out a new screen, you advice me to disassemble the unit and re-check the cables again?
By richie Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:01 am
Yes.
By SFTRAXx Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:47 pm
richie wrote:If I had the same issues as you, I would first ensure that the connections to the screen are secure. That screen draws 5.0v which is well within the range capable of the 2500's PSU to handle.

You being in Europe won't matter as it is a switching power supply inside the 2500 so no matter you are in 110/220 the screen will still draw and be provided with the same voltage.

Alternatively, you can purchase another screen and see if it happens with this as well. Keep in mind that you will have to re-solder your own connections though.

https://www.buydisplay.com/default/blue ... controller

Fam,

I'm probably gonna grab the black version of this display. Do you know if there is a Pin header connector i should get for this board or should I solder the wires straight to the board?

Thanks in advance