Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By peppers_dee Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:49 pm
Is it possible to display and edit the track mute screen for a not active sequence? for example if I'm playing seq 2 and am set up to jump to seq 1 at the end of my bars, can i prep some tracks to be muted for seq 1 while seq 2 is finishing out?

I understand this could probably be programmed out with by recording track mutes in "song mode" but would like to know if this feature is possible for live purposes.

using jjos2xl
By saltmcgault Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:39 pm
peppers_dee wrote:Is it possible to display and edit the track mute screen for a not active sequence? for example if I'm playing seq 2 and am set up to jump to seq 1 at the end of my bars, can i prep some tracks to be muted for seq 1 while seq 2 is finishing out?

I understand this could probably be programmed out with by recording track mutes in "song mode" but would like to know if this feature is possible for live purposes.

using jjos2xl

If I'm understanding your question correctly, yes you can. you can go into track mute screen and hit Rec/play and mute the tracks the way you want them. Then when you hit play after recording you'll notice that the tracks you muted and unmuted will function the way you recorded. make sure events is turned on if you want your mute editing to play. Not sure where its at on your screen but for jjso128xl its in the upper right corner of track mute scree. If you **** up in recording process you can go into event sequence I think mode/pad14 or 15 and you can delete the track mute events. There's pro and cons to it though that's a whole other story.
By Grump Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:06 am
I think the OP's question was framed "while the sequencer is running", i.e. in real time. Your solution is one that involves stopping, recording, then hitting play again after record. It's not like a punch in/out in real time. If you hit play again, while the sequencer is running, the clock jumps. The whole point of the question, I'm pretty sure, is to avoid any hiccups, and keep playing continuously. It's a good question, but I think that to get it to implement, you're talking about processes that unfortunately, under the current builds, require the clock to stop, just like you have to stop the clock when recording into one track, before you record into another. Clunky, I know.