Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By eighthgradehigh Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:58 pm
HI AND THANKS FOR READING. FIRST LET ME SAY THAT I AM COMPLETELY NEW TO ANYTHING MPC THATS WHY IM TRYING TO LEARN. i started production about two years ago and have been using an akaI mpkII THIS WHOLE TIME. I JUST BOUGHT THE MPC1000 AND DONT REALLY KNOW ANY OF THESE BIG WORDS AND OTHR TERMINOLOGY THAT I SEE BEING USED IN THE FORUMS.

I am trying to install jjos by following this how to video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-UDT2cPbG8
was going good until about the 2:40 mark where he turns on the mpc while holding the WINDOW button to start a OS file search. well when i hold my WINDOW button and turn it on it says
A COMPACT FLASH CARD WAS DETECTED
A FORMAT CANNOT BE RECOGNIZED ----this is where i believe the problem is
CURRENT OS START AFTER 5 SECONDS --- and after the five seconds it goes to the default OS

so when im watching his video his mpc automatically does a OS file search and mine isn't.
let me know whats up and forgive me if this question and or solution is found elsewhere on this forum. like i said completely new
By eighthgradehigh Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:12 am
Thank you so much for replying Bugfix I really appreciate you! I literally thought it would be as easy as typing “.bin” at the end of my compact flash but that was obviously not it. all of this is beyond my knowledge and at this point I’m really confused. To top it all off trying to communicate typing over the internet is not helping. I need to be walked through these kinda things, if you can offer your services via FaceTime that would be greatly appreciated, in the meantime I’m going to try and find someone in my area (I really don’t know how I’m going to do that either) who is willing to help out...any recommendations?

Or all of what i just said could be completely unnecessary if maybe you can better explain? or maybe you have another solution? and please remember to dumb it down for me. and let me add, yes the jjos file i downloaded did have .bin at the end