Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Caliber Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:04 am
I will also mention that when I’m on the load memory card page I pressed the cursor over and it then shows the Do It F6. I press F6 and it say Load Memory Card!! The memory card kind of goes in stiff also. I don’t see any prongs bent or anything either.
By saltmcgault Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:52 am
have you formatted you new cf card? don’t quote me on this because i’m not at my mpc. while cf card is in. hit mode load. make sure memory card is highlighted hit windows button then bottom left of screen should say format (F2) Do it.
By bluedroid83 Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:53 pm
saltmcgault wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-SDHC-SDXC-MMC-Memory-Card-to-IDE-2-5-44-Pin-Male-Adapter-Converter-US-/262079393302

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmDFOp7nU90

If you decided to go with the 128gb sd or micro sd. Look into this as well. This is what i’m working with and it’s nice. Just remember to name tracks, programs, sequences and samples and save your projects in named folders. Otherwise you’ll have all kinds of data scattered in the wind.
Take my word for it. Don’t learn the hard way.

Salt, a few questions for you-

1. would a 128GB SD card (not micro) work in this?
2. In the video he said it can see up to 80GB, so is 128GB not completely used?
3. Any thoughts on SanDisk Ultra vs. Extreme? Wondering if one works better.

let me know, thanks man
By hyena Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:32 pm
the mpc can read up to 128 gb, i have both an ssd and a compact flash to sd adapter with a 128 gb sd card mounted, it works flawlessly and now i have a total of 256 gb fast storage on the mpc1000, pretty cool for such an old piece of gear. if you have to choose between the msata ssd disk or the cf\sd card i suggest the second, so you can swap the sd from your computer to the mpc 1000 and load libraries very quickly, if you just have the ssd the only way is thru the mpc usb connection which is a slow as fvck old a$$ usb 1...
By PillsInfinity Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:30 am
hyena wrote:the mpc can read up to 128 gb, i have both an ssd and a compact flash to sd adapter with a 128 gb sd card mounted, it works flawlessly and now i have a total of 256 gb fast storage on the mpc1000, pretty cool for such an old piece of gear. if you have to choose between the msata ssd disk or the cf\sd card i suggest the second, so you can swap the sd from your computer to the mpc 1000 and load libraries very quickly, if you just have the ssd the only way is thru the mpc usb connection which is a slow as fvck old a$$ usb 1...

you know what happens if you connect the adapter incorrectly, now my 2500 freezes at "HARD DISK" when i solely just put the adapter in correctly. i made a post about this in the 2500 section but please pm if you can help or have any info.
By hyena Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:34 am
hmmm never had that issue. you taking about the msata adapter or the compact flash\sd card adapter? i had an issue with a msata adapter not working but i don't remember if it froze the mpc or it was just not read.... i had to buy another msata\ssd adapter then everything fell into place.
By PillsInfinity Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:28 pm
hyena wrote:hmmm never had that issue. you taking about the msata adapter or the compact flash\sd card adapter? i had an issue with a msata adapter not working but i don't remember if it froze the mpc or it was just not read.... i had to buy another msata\ssd adapter then everything fell into place.

I'm talking about the sd to ide adapter, I bought one off amazon instead of ebay since its a generic product.

then again, could someone send me the ebay link to the sd to ide/hdd adapter?
By hyena Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:09 am
sorry i don't know about that, but if you want to go the ssd route (it works very good) here the links to both adapter and ssd:
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07GMD ... UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01ATC ... UTF8&psc=1

if for some reason they will not work in the future the product names are:
-Transcend TS128GMSA230S SSD Solid State Drive mSATA, SATA III 6 Gb/s, 128 G (about 34 € now)
-Renkforce mSata to 44 pins IDE (about 30€ now)