Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By KroMPC Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:43 pm
Hi there,

Maybe someone can help me out.
I'm working on various projects (programs en seq) on several CF cards.
I'm running JJOS 3.16.
Suddenly files that allways loaded just fine don't load anymore but instead i get the 'wrong file" message.
I backed them up on my Mac, reformated the discs on the Mpc and reloaded the samples on various CF cards but the error remains.

All these files are created on the same MPC and never had any issues with them.
It's not the cards that are **** since i formatted them again and multiple cards show the same issue.
I can't get my head around that there's a sudden problem with all wav files i'm working on since they allways worked just fine?!

I guess there's a problem with my MPC.
Does it make sense to re-initialise the MPC to factory settings, download and install the JJOS 3.16 again and try again?

Tnx so much
Ro
By Lampdog Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:08 pm
Did the files have over 8 characters in the names?
By NearTao Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:13 pm
I don't think that the MPC 1k with JJOS is case sensitive, but did files get renamed or truncated somehow? A filename going from "Dope Kick 01.wav" to Dope Kick 01.WAV", or even "DOPEKI~1.WAV" can all look like the same file to users based on how windows/Mac manage files on FAT-32, but JJOS might not be able to find its way.
By KroMPC Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:52 am
Hey Lampdog Most of 'm are under 8 characters but all individual sounds with 5 2 or whatever how much characters get the 'wrong file' message.

Hey NearTao Nothing happened to the files. No renaming, nothing. One day you work with them with no problem at all the next day they're unloadable. Can't get my head around it.

Thanks
By Lampdog Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:36 pm
Drop the non-working wav's into a batch audio converter and convert them to 44khz/16bit pcm wav. Make sure to keep same names.

Another thing I can think of is, PGM's remember the last save list of files, so, if files are renamed, missing it will have problems loading.