Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By NewbMpcGuy Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:48 am
I'm looking to get a mixer for my small set up. I have a turntable and a 1k and was wondering if ZED-10FX would be a decent choice. I want to be able to mix my samples before they get to the 1k and also mix my beats back out with this mixer. I also like the size of the ZED, it works well with the limited desk space I have atm. Any advice? Would this mixer work with my requirements? Thanks in advance.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:43 pm
NewbMpcGuy wrote:I'm looking to get a mixer for my small set up. I have a turntable and a 1k and was wondering if ZED-10FX would be a decent choice. I want to be able to mix my samples before they get to the 1k and also mix my beats back out with this mixer. I also like the size of the ZED, it works well with the limited desk space I have atm. Any advice? Would this mixer work with my requirements? Thanks in advance.

The ZED-10FX will work fine, however it does not have a phono input, for your turntable. Therefore you'll need a DI box to get it to line level, before going into the ZED. Look into getting a small two channel DJ mixer or a Radial: J33 Phono Preamp & DI. Link: http://www.radialeng.com/product/j33

Also depending on the turntable you have. If the TT, has a phono to line switch on it. You won't need a DJ Mixer or DI box.

Best Options:

1. For sampling: Turntable (Built in Line/Phono Switch) to MPC 1000
2. For sampling: Turntable to DJ Mixer to MPC 1000
3. For sampling: Turntable to Radial J33 to MPC 1000
4. For sampling: Turntable to Radial J33 to ZED (For EQing) to MPC 1000
5. For sampling: Turntable to DJ Mixer to ZED to MPC 1000

For mixing: MPC 1000 (4 outputs) to ZED Mixer.
By NewbMpcGuy Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:24 pm
I guess the forth option would be my best bet. I wanted the TT to go through the ZED for mixing then into the 1k, even though the TT does have a phono/line switch. Thanks for the reply! Question, once I have the J33 and the ZED, does the J33 plug into the record in's on the ZED? Where do the 1k's 4 outs plug into? I see main mix aux plugs on the Zed, so I'm guessing the main audio plugs would go there or the ST - 1 or 2 plugs... I'm kind of new to audio mixers, if you can't tell. Lol
By CharlesRandolph Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:25 am
NewbMpcGuy wrote:I guess the forth option would be my best bet. I wanted the TT to go through the ZED for mixing then into the 1k, even though the TT does have a phono/line switch. Thanks for the reply!

Question, once I have the J33 and the ZED, does the J33 plug into the record in's on the ZED? Where do the 1k's 4 outs plug into? I see main mix aux plugs on the Zed, so I'm guessing the main audio plugs would go there or the ST - 1 or 2 plugs... I'm kind of new to audio mixers, if you can't tell. Lol

If your turntable has a line switch, then you won't need the J33. Just put TT in the line positions and plug it in ST1B on the ZED10-FX. The outputs of the MPC 1000 into channel 1, 2, 3, 4. You will have to mute channels 1,2.,3,4 when sampling from the turntables, into the MPC 1000 or you'll get a loop back.